What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasc board meeting- here at 8pm central 10/29/2005

NASC Board Meeting to start 8pm central on October 29, 2005

I saw messages like this before when there used to be meetings, but I had no idea where they were actually held, until I did a lot of digging into old posts.

You should specify how the meeting will be held. Will this be on the TerraForum chat room?
If so a link would be helpful.
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=15553

Copper had a website.  She always provided a link in her profile to that site where the meetings were held so anyone could log on during a Board Meeting. That website has been down for a while and I suspect it has server issues.  The chat room was used a few times however people were having difficulty logging on and were getting bounced out if my recollection serves me.

An e-mail was sent out to last known e-mail addresses of the NASC group and a link to this thread was provided.  The meeting will be right here.

Good. Because my old computer was one of those always bounced out of the chat, IF I could even get in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The meeting will be right here.
Right here? As in via forum posting?

Laura has no authority to call a meeting but since it needs to be done and some things needs to be addressed I will call a meeting at the same time and place. Any other board member second the meeting?

I will post a list of issues that we will be voting on soon.

I second that motion.

Is the meeting being scheduled for saturday the 29th? If so, it is impossible for me to make the meeting at that time. If I get a copy of the agenda beforehand I can submit my comments, though.

I have purchased another site and can have a full chat room up by then if wished.

If it is moved to a chat room, Bugweed will not be able to get in and participate.  He has stated on numerous occasions that his computer is too old and I believe the issue is java scripts but dependent upon the type of computer he uses, there could be many other issues prohibiting him from having full access a chat room.

This Board meeting was seconded to be nothing more than a very simple vote on the 6 issues previously listed:

1)   Pursuit of Casper
2)   Incorporation of the NASC as a for profit corporation with the provision that all prior acts be ratified within a reasonable amount of time not to exceed 30 days or incorporation of the NASC with the provision that all prior acts be ratified as well as submission of a 501 (c ) application to the IRS for consideration also within a reasonable amount of time not to exceed 30 days from October 29. 2005.  
3)  Procuring FEIN #s, it’s a simple phone call to Kansas
4)  Selection of a state to incorporate the NASC.
5)  Release of auction money to the Finance Chair to open a bank account for the NASC as well as authority to disburse money to retain an attorney and to incorporate the NASC as well as to disburse money for filing fees.
6)  Nomination of a new President possibly, 0zzy?, and voting that person in.

I believe Noah, The NASC Chair of Public Relations, indicated he would not be available on the 29th at 8pm central and he is forwarding absentee votes to an “appropriate” person. The Board Meetings were always held in a chat room and were always open to who ever wanted to attend so my understanding would be that there is no reason why the actual voting of the above issues couldn’t be moved to a chat room of Copper’s at a different site providing-
1)  The url to this site and chat room is posted here and e-mailed to the NASC mail group which is all the Board members
2)  The Board Meeting would still be open to any who wish to log in regardless of whether they are a Board Member or not just like how the meetings used to be
3)   Instructions on how to log in are provided here, in this thread, and the site/chat is up a day before the Board Meeting so folk can make sure they can log on
4)  It is noted that Bugweed wanted to participate and vote therefore the name and contact information of an “appropriate” person to forward absentee votes to needs to be listed here in this thread so he can forward same
5)  Records be maintained as to how each individual member voted
6)  The majority votes from the Board on the above issues be shared in minutes taken and posted in this forum somewhere in public view
7)  Any business, other than the actual voting, be conducted at a future Board Meeting.  Examples: #1 is basically a vote to pursue (report) Casper or not. How to report him can be addressed at a future Board Meeting and whether to pursue him beyond reporting him to proper authorities could also be addressed at a future Board Meeting.  #2 is basically a vote to incorporate or not. That’s going to be a simple one word response. If the majority vote is to incorporate, details can be discussed at a future Board Meeting. If the majority vote is no, well then that can be discussed at a future Board Meeting also.

This being said, meetings were always in an open chat room anyway so where’s the new site and new chat room for the meeting on the 29th?

Who has the list of members for voting purposes to validate all the votes? Unfortunately, non-profits are not required, nor do many choose to retain how members vote, for very good reasons.

The application for 501©3 status requires the articles of incorporation to be in place first, because they are required to be sent with your application. Unless you have mucho money burning hole in the pockets, don't you think that maybe some one among the group has the intellectual abilities to follow instructions and fill out the forms for both the articles of incorporations for non-profits, and then go for official status with the IRS. After the articles of ratified by the voting members, can you apply for the FEIN, so it really is more than a phone call to Kansas.

Not to complicate matters, but shouldn't the group look at some logistics as far as Bank Account Info or are you proposing moving the account around the country as a new Treasurer is elected each term?

I am all for moving forward, but decisions that have not been thought through will have a long standing effect on the group. In pursuing Casper, how much of the groups money has been budgeted for finding him and prosecution. I am not sure about the extradiction laws of Louisiana, but the trial would have to be "within the borders of where the crime was committed and charges are filed." The crime was committed in louisiana, is there someone in Louisiana that has agreed to be the courier for all of the filing, court dates, attorney visits, etc and how much to pursue, how much money? I don't think we need to spend 10K to get 10k, that would be a wash and even after to find him, convict him, get the judgement, you have to collect the money. Are you volunteering to stick with this till the end. I have seen these cases go for several years. Big commitment.

I think the biggest starting point in your list is electing a president to pull the group together and get moving on some the issues. Put together a plan over the next thirty days with the board of directors and get some real support with some of the members to set goals and follow through.

The list above has emotion all over it. If this is business, then make rational business decision based on rational thinking and get the emotion out of the equation or your looking for trouble.

Just my thoughts.

We actual have the articles of incorp and the bylaws. I am looking into the non-profit. You have to have the incorporate in place and fully set up to run. We are still working on that. Most suggest one year in place prior to going non-profit, but I am willing to do so as soon as we are fully set up. The next problem will be keeping a tight rein on paperwork. The files must be kept up to date.

As far as Casper goes, extradiction will not happen. His crimes are not felonies. The NASC is not the victim since it was not established. The members of the forum are the victims and to be a felony in most states a single member would have to have lost more than $500. For most states to extradict the felony must hold a possible sentence of one year in that state.

The board is more in agreement then would appear. Bug did not want the presidency and moved it to Ozzy. Ok, if that is not exceptable, I am president. As vice pres if the pres can not take care of his duties it moves to me. I will therefore run any meeting.

The problem with the meeting being on the forum is one of control of the floor. This could really be a mess. Bug, I am setting up my site. I will let you know when you can try it.

Laura, Ozzy is right. You do not have the right to call teh meeting. Neither does Bug right now. I think that we need to all stop the fighting and get things together.

Under Roberts I am Interm President. I will get back with everyone as soon as I talk with the board.

If most of you wish to use the forum over chat that is fine for this meeting, but there will be tight rules to following.  One member will be recognized to speak at a time.  If someone else wishes to speak that will have to PM me.  Back with more.

Also, 30 days will not work.  As I early stated the incorperate must be fully set up prior to getting non-profit or 501.  You can not blame the government for waiting to see if we can pass the lame duck stage.  The agenda will be modified.

One thing to be added is to vote on a formal means of membership.  I suggest a membership form. Not everyone on this forum will wish to have membership and the NASC is not going to be a toy to fight over. It is not a part of PFT. It is a business and will be run as one. Thank you Neprick for pointing that out.

The Members of the NASC will get the minutes of the full meetings and of the Board meetings if appropriate. They need not be posted on this site. If people care what is being done and decided they can join the membership. We have a form being prepared.

Everyone wants to push for higher things, but first the ground work must be finished. It may be boring and tedious, but must be finished. The NASC must not be built on sinking sand (a swamp so it speak). Let's pull this together and get things done. The executive board needs to be filled so that the NASC can be finished. That should be near the top of the order of business.

I will not fight Copper on taking the postion of the president. I totally agree that is the right move and I give her 100% of my support.

Wait a minute Ozzy.  I am Interim President.  That is until a vote can be held.  I fully plan on nominating you.

Absentee votes to be sent to PAK as secretary. Her resignation was not voted on and thus not excepted. PAK if you still wish to resign you may do so. I will then except the absentee votes.

Looks as though we do have leadership and subsequently goals, objectives and legal status. Thanks Copper.

Awesome chat room!  Good job!

Glad to hear that it worked for you. Bugg you need to try it.

Back