What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasc web site

Hello,

I have been given the go-ahead on the Web site. If you will visit http://www.nasarracenia.org you can see the non-functional and very under-developed main page. I need input, input, input. Please note it hasn't been updated to reflect information from the Nov. 10 meeting. I will add pages and include information over the next two weeks. I would love input on the design though.

It is important that everyone is happy with the site.

Thank you,
Patrick

Wow I love it keep up the great work.

-Jeremiah-

How long before it works?

I should be able to get functionality within 2 weeks. It's a busy time ahead, but then I'll have some free time.

Can you add a section for current rescue projects and let me post updates?

Yes. A current projects page is on a list I have of things to add.

And as we've mentioned, a page for recognizing people who have allowed rescues on their property and construction companies who have cooperated as well.

And perhaps a link to a page with our full Mission Statement?

How about a way to alert the society about a pending construction (or whatever) that is going to endanger a sight that someone knows about?

Currently, this is my planned list:

Home page – nice graphics, clear menu navigation system
News – includes NASC news and alerts to possible missions/sites
Members – list of people and what they do
Collections – list and descriptions of member collections
Projects – current projects being undertaken
Library – quality, original content on growth and propagation (we need someone to write this stuff)
Affiliates - list and information for affiliate organizations
Citizens for Conservation – list and info about NASC supporters
Join - information about joining NASC, including PDF membership form
Links - links to additional information around the Web
About – description of the NASC’s purpose (mission), constitution

All of the pages will be able to be edited by the department to which they are relevant, if that is the way we wish to administer the site.

Please bring any missing sections to my attention!

Your plans sound well formulated. The site looks very nice and clean right now! I did notice that the page description (what shows up in the header bar of a window or tab) is SECPS - Southeast Carnivorous Plant Society.... you might want to change that at some point.
smile.gif

In the library section it would to add articles and pictures with geographical and morphiological information as well.

Keep up the good work. I'll be in touch.

-noah

I have sent you a map of the regions and a list of them and there titles.  I am going to eventually clickable so that people can get contact information from each regions. I will send new ones as we sub-divide regions into areas.

A wonderful start. It looks very professional.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ptfreelander @ Nov. 11 2005,10:15)]Currently, this is my planned list:

Home page – nice graphics, clear menu navigation system
News – includes NASC news and alerts to possible missions/sites
Members – list of people and what they do
Collections – list and descriptions of member collections
Projects – current projects being undertaken
Library – quality, original content on growth and propagation (we need someone to write this stuff)
Affiliates - list and information for affiliate organizations
Citizens for Conservation – list and info about NASC supporters
Join - information about joining NASC, including PDF membership form
Links - links to additional information around the Web
About – description of the NASC’s purpose (mission), constitution

All of the pages will be able to be edited by the department to which they are relevant, if that is the way we wish to administer the site.

Please bring any missing sections to my attention!
I think its awsome and you have done a superb job already!!!!
smile_m_32.gif
Maybe a few more pics on the main page.
smile_l_32.gif

The mission and bylaws have been added to the Web site. I'm just waiting for content and further ideas for more development.

Back