Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASC bylaws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper and BW -

How about a compromise? Require a quorum of board members in order to vote on any items, but ALSO allow any attending members to vote, WITHOUT requiring a majority. That would be just like in an election; if we have 200 members, but only 10 show up to a meeting and vote, then those ten (plus the board members, of course) decide the issue, and the rest of the membership who didn't take the time to attend have to live with the outcome.

Just my thoughts, as usual...

Mike
    Mike Howlett

"Leuc, I am your flava!"

Now we know Princess Leah's last name: Wilkerson!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, Mike, I like that idea, but Copper runs this outfit, not me.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are requirements and rules that corporations have to live by. You have to make the quorum if members are to vote. As I said the members that attend have been allowed to vote and discuss. That way we know that the members want. But actully the rule is that either the board votes or membership vote is allowed, but then you need the quorum. I did not make the rules, but we must live by them or not be a corporation at all. We can be nothing, but a glorified club, but we will get very little done and have to pay taxes on the money we earn. Donators will not be able to claim their donations on their taxes. I have offered a comprimise. The best I can. That being that the members can have the vote at the annual meeting, but a quorum must be met. Please read the ammended bylaws below and see if they are exceptable. If they are I will present them to the board.

Bugweed, I have explained this to you. I know that you want me to explain it better to the forum, but this is the best I can do. I have to fit this within the rules or we are dead in the water again. I will not continue to discuss this. It has been explained. This is one reason I took the break. It is hard working to get this thing going only to have it knocked back again and again. If you do not trust the board then ask for our resignations. I know that some of us will hand them over.

I do not mean to be harsh, but I get tired.
    Thank you and goodnight
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Ok I know I am not involved with this at all, but I understand both sides here.

Are there rules to allow members votes by proxy? And if so couldn't proxy voting be handled via the website?

And I think those involved with the creation of this organization are very kind for even asking what we think of their plan.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand Copper's position completely. Though I voiced my opinion, I support the way she has to run this now. Maybe, on the website when its running, we could have a board/member forum where ideas and thoughts are freely exchanged, allowing for free spread of information and ideas to further the NASC and the members of it towards stewardship of our favorite plants. Copper IS in charge, and that is OK with me. Things are happening, and she needs our support to get this show going. She's doing great, and deserves all the thanks, and hugs she can handle. So lets go, and evolve ourselves to interact together somehow, and let the conservancy do its job.Thanks, Copper. Keep up the good work!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest that we adopt the amended bylaws for now, giving members the vote on the board members. Let's see what the future brings. If we find that there is enough membership involvement we can always amend the bylaws.

Also, please remember that everyone is welcome at the meetings. We have had no closed door meetings. We want you to come and voice your opinion. If a quorum starts to happen, GREAT!

Proxy for a large number of members makes tally very hard. We are tyring to move fast and get this thing established and for real. Again, let's see what the future holds.

As far as members opinions go, I have added a thread for suggestions and complaints here. PAK could you pin that as well? Thanks. This will do until we can get a section for it on the website. Feel free to voice your opinion, suggestions and complaints. We need to here from you. We will do our best to explain why we are doing things a certain way or try to correct things were they can be.

I have slept and ready for a new day, although my allergies are killing me!
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12