Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTION BOX!  Ideas Welcome!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I'm sorry Bruce. I didn't pull your quote because I thought it was a negative statement. I pulled that out because its TRUE that some communications go on "behind the scenes." I just wanted to make the point that that's not to keep "secrets" but because we have to ask questions and keep up with what everyone is doing.

I appreciate your comment about highly motivated people trying to get things done. We're certainly no ivory tower...just a group of people trying to make a little mud hut to start with. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] Personally I'd prefer a gilt tower or maybe even sterling silver. Ivory is a no-no.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless its soap! Then it is a sparkling clean tower.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KNOCK IT OFF!!!!! Your open friendliness must be cronyism! Shame! And a Happy Turkey Day to one and all! Whether you have cronies or not!!!!!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, now that you have all had your fun, I will admit that my views of the ivory tower and the crony systems may have been misplaced, however, it took ALL of you posting here for me to finally understand who all of you are or at least claim to be. Many of you have very impressive growing records, though I will say that I am not impressed by name dropping; ONLY by personal accomplishments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]to finally understand who all of you are or at least claim to be
    I guess for most of us here, we are long-time TF forum members who all know each other. I don't
    Quote[/b] ]claim to be
    anybody but a simple person who loves plants in general, grows CPs and has many other hobbies/interests. And someone who has an interest in preserving/protecting Sarracenia and any other North American CPs. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I'm definitely not any expert on Sarracenia and have never claimed to be.

If you think it would be helpful to new members, all the officers could post a little personal bio or something... although nominations/elections to offices had more to do with a willingness to work and try to accomplish this big task than any formal, extensive growing resumes.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (PoWeRPSUHort @ Nov. 23 2005,9:56)]claim to be
    Napoleon Bonaparte!
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more like Napolean Dynamite!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nappy Cappy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast