Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTION BOX!  Ideas Welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread will serve as a place for members to let us know their concerns, complaints and maybe even support. I will ask for an area to be added to the website for this, but for now this can serve as the contact department. Please also remember that you can directly contact a board member.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Copper,

This is more in the way of a suggestion... no complaints here.

Is it possible to get the next set of meetings scheduled
    in advance (like next 3 or four months) or pick a certain
    day of the week that most can agree upon.

Thanks,

Kirk Martin
    Fitchburg, MA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The meetings will be on Thursday nights. I think your suggestion is a good one and will get the next few months set up. I will post it on the forum. Thank you for the suggestion.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another thought...imagine THAT, right? LOL

Many orgs have gone to two-year terms, and elect one half of their officers each year. This has the benefit of ensuring that the org always has officers that have been there a while. If ALL the officers are voted on annually, and all new officers are instated (I know...unlikely), there would be a major knowledge vacuum, and the organization would suffer tremendously.

Besides, it takes a while to get the hang of an appointed position. The last thing you want to do is have someone voted out just as they're getting into the groove...

Regards,

Mike
    Mike Howlett

"Leuc, I am your flava!"

Now we know Princess Leah's last name: Wilkerson!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that is a very good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that our website should have a Forum for the Board members and the Individual members to get together and chat about things on their minds, ideas they have, and other odds and ends to keep the Board members and the members in close contact with each other.That way, with all parties of the organization in contact via the website, then when voting is taking place, or about to, all of us can talk together in one place. And the ideas and wants of the members can be fairly weighed in with the needs of the Organization. It would prevent Ivory Tower syndrome within the organization as well, keeping the Board, and the members on an even keel. Thoughts?
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Nov. 17 2005,10:02)]I think that our website should have a Forum for the Board members and the Individual members to get together and chat about things on their minds, ideas they have, and other odds and ends to keep the Board members and the members in close contact with each other.That way, with all parties of the organization in contact via the website, then when voting is taking place, or about to, all of us can talk together in one place. And the ideas and wants of the members can be fairly weighed in with the needs of the Organization. It would prevent Ivory Tower syndrome within the organization as well, keeping the Board, and the members on an even keel. Thoughts?
    Bugweed i think thats a very good sugestion. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Communication is the key all right Bugweed. I could never keep an Ivory Tower clean. I like the idea. We will have to see what we can do. And remember, the meetings are open to all the members. Members can take the floor, make suggestions, comments and complaints. Whatever is needed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast