User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 41

Thread: NASC Board Meeting Minutes

  1. #17
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Weekly Meeting for February 22, 2007

    The meeting was called to a start at approximately 8:00 Central.

    Present:
    Suzanne
    Noah
    Jonathan
    David

    Business

    Reports were given as to the status of paperwork. Updates were sent out to Board members via email.

    A vote was presented to call a special meeting for March 1, 2007 to vote on the future of the Herad of Research position. The vote was passed without contest. The meeting will take place at 8:00 Central and all Board members are required to attend or present a waiver. An email update was sent otu.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:50 Central.

    Thank you to all who attended.

    --Jonathan Treffkorn
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  2. #18
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Special Meeting
    March 01, 2007

    Meeting Began at 8:00 PM Central

    Present:
    Rose Witt
    Suzanne Hedderly
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    David Schloat
    Mike Howlett
    Mark Todd
    Noah Elhardt
    Jeremiah Harris

    Steven
    Steph
    Ben
    (Board members in bold.)

    Business

    Rose presented a motion to accept the resignation of Rock as Head of Research. Suzanne seconded the motion. The motion was passed without contest.

    Discussion was help as to the future of the position, viable positions and candidates.

    Rose presented a motion to reform the Head of Research position to a position At Large. The motion was seconded by Dave and passed without contest.

    Candidates are being sought out, and others are being contacted.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:30 Central.

    Thank you to everyone for showing up.

    --Jonathan Treffkorn

    PS- If you are interested in holding a Board position or working for the NASC as part of a committee then contact one of the Board members. The addresses can be found at www.nasarracenia.org/board
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  3. #19
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    akNASC Monthly Meeting for March 08, 2007.

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central.

    Those in attendance:
    Rose Witt, President
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservancy
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Noah, PR and Education

    Ben
    Bugweed

    Business:

    Dave gave a report on the status of the bank. The paperwork was sent in on Tuesday and we await response from the bank.

    The last NDA has been postmarked and is on its way to the Secretary.

    A discussion was held on finalizing the first edition of the NASC Newsletter.

    Rose presented a discussion on tax matters for the NASC. Tax matter will be handled accordingly upon the formation of the NASC bank account.

    Dues will officially begin being collected. All Board members are required to submit their dues to Dave. Contact information has been sent out. Dues must be submitted before the end of May.

    A discussion on auctions was held. Discussion on this years auction were tabeled until such time that the NASC has a bank account and all previous auction transactions have been settled.

    Meeting ended at approx 9:00 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended!

    --Jonathan Treffkorn
    Last edited by Est; 04-12-2007 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Corrected date.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  4. #20
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Weekly meeting for March 15, 2007

    Meeting Began Approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance

    Board:
    Suzanne, VP
    Jonathan, Secretary
    Mike, Head Grower
    Jeremiah, Head of Distribution
    Noah, Head of PR & Education

    Visitors and Members:
    Steph
    Ben

    Business:

    Noah presented to the Board his final version of the 1st edition of the NASC newsletter. It will be posted around the web soon.

    Suzanne presented in Dave's absence that the Bank account has been accepted and the process of transferring paypal funds and checks in to the account will begin.

    Suzanne made a motion to hold a special meeting for March 22, 2007 at 8:00 PM Central An email reminder has been sent out to all NASC Board members.

    A discussion was held regarding the future of the NASC's presence on the ICPS board. The NASC would like to thank Bob Z and the ICPS for their invitation to their forums.

    A discussion was held on Botanique. Mike will be contacting Rob to discuss donations.

    Mike gave a report on his Regional Head Growers (hereafter RHGs.) An email has been sent of all RHGs to see who is still interested. Plant and seed material will be shipped soon!

    Meeting called to a close approximately 9:20 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  5. #21
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Special Meeting for March 22, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central.

    Those in attendance:
    Board:
    Rose, Presidey
    Suzanne, V.P.
    Jonathan, Secretary
    Schloaty, Treasurer
    Jeremiah, Head of Distribution
    Mark, Head of Conservation
    Noah, Education & PR

    Visitors and members:
    Arthur Yin
    Steven Millar
    Steph
    Ben

    Business:

    Noah presented a motion to accept Arthur to the NASC board of directors to fill the At Large position. Dave seconded the motion. The motion was voted on and passed without contest (including an absentee vote from Mike.

    A discussion was held on the state of the NASC website. Dave will be compiling a list of donors and winners from the previous NASC Auction. Jonathan will compile, organize, and standardize all meeting minutes for continuity.

    Dave reported progress on the NASC bank account. Online access has been set up and paypal transactions are ready to be accepted immediately.

    A discussion was held on bank resolutions and requests from the bank.

    Those officers who did not appear with intros in the first NASC newsletter are requested to submit introductions to Noah for inclusion in a coming edition of the newsletter.

    A discussion was held on NASC Auctions, old issues are required to be resolved before the next auction is held.

    A discussion was held on a NASC donation being made to the Texas Tech University which recently suffered from greenhouse heating issues resulting in the loss many plants, including their carnivorous plants. Board members present were in agreement that a donation of plant materials to the University would be in line with the goals of the NASC.

    Discussion was held on an offer from Pete Thiel in regards to advertising. Board members were in agreement that this offer should be taken and that the first NASC newsletter would be a good showpiece.

    Meeting ended approx 9:27

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  6. #22
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Meeting for

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation

    Members and Visitors:
    Dan (visiting landowner)
    Ben
    Steph

    Business:

    Mark lead a discussion with visiting landowner, Dan, to discuss the future of Sarracenia on a piece of Dan's property. First discussed were the methods available to keep the plants in place but protected from planned development.

    -The first idea discussed was to build a ditch to divert runoff from the planned lawn to protect the Sarracenia from nutrient-laden water. Mark will discuss this option on-site with the landowner to determine if it is agreeable.

    -Another non-removal option discussed was the creation of a hummock to divert run-off and protect the plants.

    Dan agreed to allow the NASC to take a sampling of plants for conservation and in case the habitat or plants are harmed during the construction process. Dan and Mark will meet to discuss how Dan would like to proceed with the plants on his land.

    Mark announced that he has been working with The Nature Conservancy as a volunteer and that he will be made a monitor for the Green Swamp.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:20 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  7. #23
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Weekly Meeting for April 05, 2007.

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
    Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution
    Arthur Yin, At Large Position

    Members and Visitors:
    Steph64

    Business:

    Reports were given:
    -Arthur reported that the website has been updated and he is available to help Board member figure out the system.
    -Dave is reported that checks have been transferred to the bank account without problems thus far and that he is ready to accept member dues for the board via paypal or check.
    -A discussion was held on the Distribution Head Policies and Procedures and the formation and maintenance of NASC seed banks. Discussion was tabled until the Monthly Board Meeting so that a consensus could be reached.
    -Mark lead a discussion on the site that he is working on with landowner Dan. The plan being discussed is to create a filled ditch which will divert the flow of runoff water from the lawn and house area in to the lake, away from the plants.
    -Further discussion was tabled for the Monthly Meeting.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:00 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  8. #24
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Monthly Board Meeting for April 12, 2007.

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Rose Witt, President
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution

    Members and Visitors:
    Ben
    Steph

    Business:

    A discussion was held on the handling of seed material. Rose made a motion to accept seed bank policy and Distribution Policy and Procedures, Dave seconded. Passed without contest. The Distribution Policy and Procedure document can be found on the NASC website.

    A discussion was held on legal bills. Rose will be paying the lawyer's fees with money sent from Dave. Dave will pay the Biennial Report Fee.

    Mark reported that he was attempting to contact landowner Dan.

    A discussion was held on Regional Head Growers. It was decided that the number of Regional Head Growers would be reduced to the number of potential Head Growers that had responded to Mike's contact and that the number would grow in to the originally planned number as the needs of the NASC expands.

    A discussion was held on auctions. In order to preserve the annual nature of the NASC auctions, it was discussed that there should be an auction this year some time in the month of June. Suzanne agreed to lead the auction with the help of other board members. Dave agreed to send out a draft of rules and provisions for the next NASC Auction to aid in efficiency and protect participants. No vote was held.

    Rose presented a bank document to the Board. It was agreed by the board that the provisions of the bank document falls under the ideas of the Treasurer as determined by the NASC. Rose agreed to find the date when the NASC set up the provisions for the position of Treasurer so that the bank document can be completed.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:30 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •