User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 41

Thread: NASC Board Meeting Minutes

  1. #25
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Meeting for April 26, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education

    Members and Visitors:
    Ryan and Sara Stevenson
    Steph

    Business:

    Reports were made:
    Mark: Discussed conservation ideas pertaining to Dan's property with Barry Rice.

    Jonathan: Collation of minutes, formatting, and uploading to website is under way.

    Noah: Updating and getting ready for the coming NASC newsletter. The Board will be contacted with information requests for the newsletter. To be included in the next newsletter is a list of accomplishments of the NASC to date.

    A discussion was held on the 2007 election plans. The preliminary plan is to have the auction start on June 9th at noon until 10:00 PM Eastern on June 23rd.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:05 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  2. #26
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Meeting for May 03, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:10 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
    Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution
    Arthur Yin, At Large Position

    Members and Visitors:
    Ben (Bamaud)

    Business:

    Noah lead a discussion on the NASC newsletter. Board members are to begin coming up with ideas for articles in the coming newsletter. Noah also presented a draft of a banner for the 2007 NASC auction to the Board for review. Suggestions were made and an updated version will be available soon.

    Dave will create a donor list in text format for the NASC website as well as send Suzanne a list of NASC financial accomplishments.

    Mark reported on the status of landowner Dan's property and possibly endangered plants. A barrire will be set up to protect the plants during construction and runoff issues will be reviewed as construction plans are updated. Dan is allowing the NASC to make a genetic sampling of the plants this Fall; if complications with construction or other unforseen circumstances arise, then the genetics will be safe in the NASC banks and able to be re-introduced to the site.

    Suzanne will work on the advertisements for the 2007 NASC auction as well as updating the rules with the Board-discussed updates to protect the NASC and auction participants.

    Mike sent out Head Grower accomplishments for the use in a list of NASC accomplishments. Listed items include the inclusion of 92 location-specific Sarracenia included in a database, thousands of seedlings labeled and growing, and more. Accomplishments will be posted in May to conincide with auction advertisement.

    A discussion was held pertaining to the 2007 auction. A potential reward for the highest bidder was discussed. Details will discussed in Board emails and will be released with other auction advertising.


    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:00 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  3. #27
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Board Meeting for May 10, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:01 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Rose Witt, President (resigned)
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President (President Pro Tem)
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
    Arthur Yin, At Large Position

    Members and Visitors:
    Ben

    Business:

    A discussion was held as to the status of the position of President.
    Rose declared her intentions to resign.
    Suzanne was voted in as interim president to the NASC until formal resignation of Rose arrives, the position is otherwise filled, the end of term, or Suzanne choses to step down. All present voted in favor; Suzanne abstained to vote.

    Dave reported on finances. An updated version of the auction donor list will be prepared to be put on the NASC website. Any late dues from Board members are requested to be sent in.

    Noah presented to the board two NASC banner ads for the auction. Based on suggestions, updated versions will be made available within the next days.

    Suzanne is continuing to try to contact Pete Thiel regarding his offer for advertising space.

    Jonathan will continue to work on the minutes, past and present.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:55 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  4. #28
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NAS Weekly Meeting for May 17, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, Vice-President / President Pro Tem
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
    Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution

    Members and Visitors:
    Steph
    Rose Witt
    Ben

    Business:

    Seedling losses reported from Mike: Due to issues at the greenhouse in which the NASC seedlings are being grown, some seedlings have been lost due to dessication. A new watering system has ben put in place to prevent and future problems.
    In other growing news, Bruce Wittchen, Sheridan Shumway, Stan Vangel, Jeremy Roy have responded to the RHG call out. Plants should be sent out to them soon.

    Noah will work on the NASC intro page, put up the remaining banner ads. Noah will be contacting large Nursuries for donations for the NASC auction. Mike will contact Rob at Botanique.

    Jonathan will be faxing Dave paperwork and will be updating the news page.

    Arthur will be contacting a volunteer for web assistance upon his return from vacation.

    The updating of addresses was dicused: for state papers, Rose's address will remain. Membership documents will be sent to Dave so he can process the membership fees and Dave will keep a spreadsheet up to date and periodically send updates to Jonathan.

    Suzanne will finish the Auction rules and get the Auction forum viewable on Terraforums.

    Dave will be required to set up a membership database/spreadsheet

    Rose is sending the official documents to Jonathan.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:25 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    Last edited by Est; 05-31-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  5. #29
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Weekly Meeting for May 24, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:05 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, President Pro Tem
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education

    Members and Visitors:
    Steph

    Business:

    Mark is going to be guide to a film crew looking to make a film on carnivorous plants.

    Jonathan is continuing work on the minutes and updating the News page of the NASC website.

    Suzanne has been proliferating NASC auction ads to various places on the internet.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 8:50 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  6. #30
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Weekly Meeting for May 31, 2007.

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, President Pro-Tem
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation

    Members and Visitors:
    Ben
    Steph

    Business:

    Mike reported that six (6) out of eight (8) Regional Head Growers (RHG) have responded to Mike's call for replies from the group. Mike discussed plans to send each RHG at least three of any specific NASC coded plant. Mike reported on the losses from the greenhouse; only one species from one site was completely killed by the dessication.

    Arthur reported that updates have been made to the website to reflect the opening of the NASC Auction forum on Terraforums.com. Also, Arthur will begin his FTP and web site management tutorials starting on the June 7th NASC Weekly meeting.

    Dave reported that no official forms have been received from Rose, and that all monetary venues are open and ready for checks and other money transfers to the NASC for the coming auction.

    Mark reported that he received authorization of a neighbor to explore a piece of local land to hunt for carnivorous plants.

    Suzanne reported that the updating and finalization of the NASC brochure will be finished shortly.

    Jonathan Reported that no official documents have arrived.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:45 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  7. #31
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Weekly Meeting for June 07, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:03 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, President Pro-tem
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer (had to leave early)
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Jeremiah Harris, Head of Distribution
    Arthur Yin, At Large Position

    Members and Visitors:
    Ryan Stevenson
    Steph

    Business:

    Jonathan reported that documents have arrived from Rose. Membership documents and payment will be sent express to Dave for processing. Official documents to officially swear Suzanne in as President will be sent express to Suzanne for immediate completion. Dave will contact Nebraska state regarding fees due.

    Dave reported that checks on hand have been deposited and that a checkbook for the NASC has been ordered.

    Mike has heard back from all eight Regional Head Growers. Plants will be sent to all of the Head Growers as soon as possible.
    Mike also reported on ****** Bayou (Bay County), FL sire which is being developed and a discussion was held on the potential rescue needed. Mike has contacted the company in charge of the construction and is waiting for a response.

    Mark reported his information of the ****** Bayou site.

    Discussion was held on moving the NASC formal incorporation address. Present members agree that the new address should be the Secretary's address. The final vote was tabled for discussion during the coming board meeting on June 14.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:35 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

  8. #32
    War. War never changes. Est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    3,935
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NASC Monthly Meeting for June 14, 2007

    Meeting began at approximately 8:00 PM Central

    Those in Attendance:

    Board:
    Suzanne Hedderly, President Pro-Tem
    Jonathan Treffkorn, Secretary
    David Schloat, Treasurer
    Mike Howlett, Head Grower
    Mark Todd, Head of Conservation
    Noah Elhardt, Head of PR & Education
    Arthur Yin, At Large Position

    Members and Visitors:
    Ben
    Scott

    Business:

    Suzanne reported that the President-change papers have been sent off. One copy has been sent to the State of Nebraska, another has been sent to Jonathan for record-keeping. The third copy will stay with Suzanne for record-keeping.

    Arthur reported that the next website tutorial is planned for next week.

    Jonathan reported that some website updates have been done. A membership database will be started by David and Jonathan consisting of membership information. David will periodically send Jonathan updates.

    Dave reported that membership checks will be processed, owners of late checks will be contacted. Check for legal fees will be sent out. Biennial paperwork (and subsequent forms) will be processed.

    A discussion was held on membership papers. It was decided that David's address will received all membership documents and that forms will be forward to Jonathan for filing. A membership database will also be shared and kept up to date.

    A discussion was help on the state of the NASC official address. Mike made a motion to change the formal NASC address to David's. Jonathan seconded. Motion was passed without contest. Jonathan will send address change forms to Dave.

    Mike reported on the ****** Bayou site. The Environmental Manager has been contacted and discussions about the site and its future are being discussed.

    Noah reported that newsletter articles for the next edition of the quarterly NASC newsletter should be sent to him ASAP. Noah hopes to finish the newsletter in the next month.

    Mark reported on a site near his work that is going to be developed. The owners of the land will be contacted for permission to access the site to assess if any action by the NASC should be taken.

    The meeting was called to a close at approximately 9:40 PM Central

    Thanks to all who attended,
    Jonathan Treffkorn
    NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •