What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

March NASC Meeting

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi Folks

This is your early notification of the next NASC Meeting.  [The full schedule for NASC Meetings is in the pinned topic at the top of this forum if anyone ever wants to know.]

THURSDAY, MARCH 9TH, 8 P.M. CENTRAL TIME

This is posted early so we can take suggestions for the Meeting Agenda and Rose can prepare.  Also feel free to email/PM Rose (Copper) or me (PlantAKiss) if that suits you better.

I will send out email notifications to anyone who signs up to be on the Meeting Notification List (see separate topic for this).

This meeting is open to anyone who would like to attend.

Thank you!!

OK...I have something I'd like to add to the agenda.
smile.gif

We have a lot going on right now hammering out the Growers Policy and a few other topics, but I think we need to start thinking about the auction. We've been holding it in May and that time will be upon us soon. So maybe we could discuss that a little bit. If we're going ahead with it as an annual event, we should start giving a heads up so maybe folks will cull a plant or two out of their collections for us. So far people have been very generous. We need to set a date and get it cleared with Phillip since he has to set it up.

We also should discuss any problems we've seen in past auctions and how to fix them. Dutch auctions kinda got confusing...

Maybe discuss setting up committees for working on other policies we need...and about future fund-raising.

Well I'll add something else for possible discussion. Representation in some way at the ICPS Conference? Booth? Brochures? Anything? Its in early June.

Anyone going?

Thus far then,

Agenda for the upcoming meeting

Vote on the Growers Policy
Set up committees for conservancy, distribution and PR/education
Discussion about auction
Representation at the ICPS conference, another great idea PAK!

I will be there! Yes, I am ready! Let's go!

I wanna go!! Not sure I can swing it though. I need to do some investigating. Its not that far away from me but...I am a weenie when it comes to driving alone.
confused.gif

I think we should discuss taking all NASC's funds and using it to pay for all NASC members to go to the ICPS conference to meet each other.

biggrin.gif
Just kidding!!!! (Although that sure would be fun!)
laugh.gif

BugweederMeister wanted to add a discussion on a seedbank.

The auction should be a month earlier so Sarracenias and other temperate zone plants won't be so far into their new growth.  An even earlier date would be better still for southern growers, but us northerners need time for our plants to thaw and show us they've survived.

I think the only reason our two previous auctions were so late was auction start-up difficulties.  Hopefully we can get it up and running much more easily this year; God & Phillip willing.  Since I'm not likely to be around during the upcoming meeting, I'm chiming in now.

What's wrong with a plant being into its new growth? Shipping/transplanting?

I have more concerns about people not having plants ready if we do it too soon. A month earlier puts it in April and that is a scant month away.

I live in the South (well Mid Atlantic) and my plants haven't even begun to wake up yet.

Awww...you're going to miss the meeting?

Bumping this as a reminder for tomorrow nite's meeting. Hope to see you all there.

I'll try to be at the meeting tomorrow. I may still be at the hospital, but I am going to try to sneak out for the meeting. My son was born on Tuesday, and we should be out of there by Friday or Saturday. Enjoy the meeting all if I am not able to make it.

-Jeremy

WHAT!!! Brisco's wife had a cultivar!?!?!?!? Egad! How much to name him/her and put her in the files? Can a cutting to be made? Going to tissue culture?? How fast does it grow?LOLOL!! ! !! ! ! !

Congrats Jeremy!

Watch out for damp off!

Capslock

Congratulations, Jeremy!

However, unlike Max, I would be more concerned about damp ON!!! LOLOL!!

Mike

Geez Jeremy...you didn't let us know you had a BABY!!!! Congratulations! I hope you post a pic soon.

lol @ Mike...that's a good one! hehe

Awwwww...he had a little sprout!

Back