Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: VERY ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICPS has a permit that allows them to "sell" the CITES seeds. They will supply you with documentation so you can show you obtained the seeds legally.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NASC's reaction to things like this eBay sale could be to try coaxing ...
    First off...this post wasn't made by "NASC." This was a post made by the individual Bugweed IN the NASC forum simply because its about illegal sale of Sarracenia seed. The entity NASC has nothing to do with this particular issue.

I'd bet there are piles of people out there who'd give me their right testicle to get a few of my seeds. But heck, CITES says I can't do it, so I let the seeds sow themselves in my yard.
    You are right. There ARE tons of people who would give...well, who want these plants an awful lot. But CITES only says you cannot SELL the plants/seeds across state/country lines. You can GIVE them away, as Dean Cook has. Personally if Iwere in your shoes and had all those seed you say you have, I'd be giving them away like crazy! Like Bruce said, having them legally in collections goes a long way to reducing the need/desire to poach the plants out of their natural habitat.

I'm suprised eBay didn't pull the listing though.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NASC should have a reaction. Someone should be designated as the point person who can be notified of things like that EBay listing. That person can try to contact the seller in a friendly manner to explain what NASC is seeking to do and what the laws are. If that fails, that person (acting on behalf of NASC or not?) would contact eBay.

The first time I looked at the listing, there were already a few bids and the price was at $20.50. I don't know if everyone withdrew their bids or if the seller cancelled them or if eBay did it. But something happened.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea, Bruce. NASC should not be backpedaling on this issue. A way should be found to talk to this guy for sure, and set him straight. S. oreophila can be gifted as a plant or seed, as long as there is no profit being made across state lines. You can sell within your state, but why? So many people want these seed, and we should, as a CP community, share them with each and everygrower on this forum from this country. Other countries could have a similar arrangememnt so free exchange within your country can take place. Quit making it hard. GIVE!!! It really IS worth it!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The eBay listing says: "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    The eBay listing says: "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."
    Sounds to me like the message may have gotten through. This could be good news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope the message got through in a good way. Meaning the seller wasn't just harassed into the underground to hook up with some violent Carolina Sarracenia Cartel. We'll know that happened if kids' grades start falling across the continent and they abandon old friends to hang with a new crowd. While getting into petty thievery and prostitution to support the soaring distilled water habits needed to grow illicit carnivorous plants. Eventually they'll find their way to the moral vacuum of Terraforums, where they'll learn about RO, the methadone of the CP addict. Hopefully, before it's too late.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you been talking to my mother?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast