Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot Access Website about NASC

The Obsessive Gardener pedersonplants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I am a former teacher. I'm also an online book reviewer. Have been reviewing garden books and Christian literature for 10 years online this year.

Here is an example: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48971.asp It is also now published at my personal website: http://obsessivegardening.com/bookre...herplants.html

Might someone with these skills be useful as an "educator". I've already educated the Greater Lansing Garden Club (part of the national organization) by publishing this review in their newsletter.

I loved your first newsletter. Am looking for membership form. Do you take paypal yet? It makes it easier to get those "spur of the moment" members that just might forget about their intention to join.

Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Diana, I received your email and I will do my best to make a new topic ASAP; I've got a graduation to attend today but I'll do my best, thanks for the email. :-)

The membership form can be found on the "join" page of the NASC website; here is a link. I won't link the form directly because things have been updated lately (and may continue to be updated to reflect changes and corrections) and the name may change along with it, so I don't want to point you to an old form.

The form is really simple and just needs to be sent to the address located in the middle of the form. Dues/donations can be sent by check to the address on the form and Paypal IS available; the address is on the form (NASCbank@earthlink.net).

In the future, we plan on making the membership form digital as well, but for now the form needs to be printed out and sent to the address (Dave is our treasurer, so your money goes directly in to his hands so your checks aren't floating around in limbo somewhere.)

We've got some resources that are not up on the site yet but should be soon (EG pamphlets.) As you can see, there still a lot of work to be done, but the Board is full of some great, motivated people and we're really moving things along. As more of us get comfortable with updating the website it'll be more fully fleshed out.

Thanks for your interest and great questions.

--Jonathan Treffkorn, NASC Secretary
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

The Obsessive Gardener pedersonplants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to let you know: I sent my membership fee via paypal a few minutes ago. Also sent answers to membership application questions to same address.

I've asked him to acknowledge my payment and email so I know he received it okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Diana -

I believe that David Schloat, our NASC Treasurer, mentioned you were a new member at our weekly meeting last Thursday, so WELCOME! This is going to be a busy year for the NASC, and we have multiple projects going on right now. I hope you will find an area that suits your fancy, and that you will offer some of your time to help the NASC grow - in more ways than one!

Good Growing,

Mike
    Mike Howlett

"Leuc, I am your flava!"

Now we know Princess Leah's last name: Wilkerson!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12