Thread: Cannot Access Website about NASC

The Obsessive Gardener pedersonplants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot Access Website about NASC

HI

I've been trying to view the link appearing on the bottom of the auction pages:

Secure the future of Sarracenia: It takes a community to make a difference. Join NASC! www.nasarracenia.com

Just so someone knows, people can check you out and maybe even join if we can't access this website. I even called comcast (my isp) tonight. Their technician tried the link www.nasarracenia.com

and got a page saying that it couldn't be viewed toooooo.

Someone needs to fix this problem. I was looking for more information on this organization.

Diana Pederson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... Me neither.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always blame my computer first because I just switched to the new Windows VISTA. But when comcast can't get through either, there has to be something else wrong.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Thank you for letting us know. We will check into it. Could be the site is down for some reason.

But I am moving this topic out of the auction.

-PAK
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's .org, not .com
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...I was just getting ready to say that. lol I'm sorry...I DO know the web addy. I just type .com sometimes out of habit. Too many dot coms out there.

Sorry for the confusion there.

www.nasarracenia.org
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Do you take "beginners" as members. I don't have any right now due to health problems. Am just studying which plants to get to begin rebuilding my collection.
    $10/year is very reasonable membership. Do we get newsletter or something?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Do you take "beginners" as members. I don't have any right now due to health problems. Am just studying which plants to get to begin rebuilding my collection.
    $10/year is very reasonable membership. Do we get newsletter or something?
    We take everybody as members. Your capacity as member can mean a number of different things.

Some people have a lot of growing experience. Through the membership sign up form, members let us know what type of experience they have and if they would be available for potential growing tasks.

But not everyone has the experience or room to do that sort of thing. Other ways that you can help out the NASC are by signing up and
    • Being an educator. Several Board members (myself included) actively talk to people and get the word out in an educational setting. I have talked to classes from 5th grade to college level. We have pamphlets available, and we will have more education materials in the future.
    • Being available for rescues. People who are geographically "available" can let the NASC know that they'd be interested in helping in potential rescues or other actions that require the help of volunteers.
    • Showing your support. Even if you are completely new to the hobby you can help our the NASC by showing your support by becoming a member, participating in the auction, making donations, volunteering time, contacting representetives when sites are in danger, giving us helpful suggestions, and being our eyes and ears!
    • Many other ways- all types of members are vital.

Also, there is a newsletter that our PR/Education Head undertakes. Our first and latest issue can be found here
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast