It is my pleasure to announce the opening of the North American Sarracenia Conservancy Seed Bank. One of the many benefits of being a member of NASC is access to NASC coded, location specific Sarracenia seed. At this moment, there are approximately 12,000 Sarracenia seeds in the NASC Seed Bank.
The seed bank will provide Sarracenia seed for:
- General members in good standing of the NASC; and,
- Educational purposes, with proper documentation of intended learning outcomes and goals.
A few general comments about requesting seed:
- A NASC member may request up to ten packets each membership year;
- A NASC member may request up to two packets of any specific Sarracenia population during each membership year;
- Each seed packet will contain approximately 40 Sarracenia seeds; and,
- The Seed Bank will hold in reserve 5 packets from each Sarracenia population for Growing Committee purposes.
For the complete NASC Distribution Committee Policies and Procedures, click here.
All seeds were collected in accordance to North American Sarracenia Conservancy and International Carnivorous Plant Society policies.
The Seed Bank will continue to grow every year as more seed is harvested from the NASC collection in the hands of the Growing Committee members.
Please visit the NASC Seed Bank for more information and the current inventory.
If you have any questions or comments about this process, please let me know.
J.C. Stoner, NASC Head of Distribution