What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantastic AUCTION News! What YOUR efforts did for Splinter Hill!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello Everyone

We have GREAT news that we have anxiously been waiting to announce. It's official so... :D

With your great generosity donating items to the NASC Benefit Auction, we were able to meet our goal of $1,500 designated for the The Nature Conservancy's (TNC) campaign to raise money to purchase an additional parcel of land at Splinter Hill Bog in Alabama. This bog has valuable wetland plants including many varieties of Sarracenia.

And...it gets better!.......

It is with great pride we are also announcing that NASC, as an organization, is MATCHING FUNDS with the Auction donation to make a grand total of...

a $3,000 donation to TNC/Alabama for Splinter Hill!

This donation has been received and they are thrilled with the donation. Credit was given to the CP community who supported our auction in the letter accompanying the check.

I hope that each one of you who participated in the auction, whether donating or bidding (even if you didn't win), can appreciate that YOU took action and did something wonderful not only for the future of Sarracenia, but wetland habitat with all the flora and fauna that live within!

If WE don't protect these valuable resources...who will?

So...thank you very much for your donations and bids. TNC/AL is very happy. They are still in need of donations, so, any dollar you can spare...they'd appreciate it. (See their website).

http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/alabama/preserves/art12813.html

We are proud of you...be proud of yourself for caring about conservation and doing something positive!

Hey there PAK
what gr8 new!!
will any rescued plants or seeds be available from this bog anytime, soon? I have never seen any plants on anyone's growlist from this bog.
Thanx for any Info.
LMO

That is a good question. I do know a few people who have been there and also Mike Howlett is, I think, planning another trip there in Sept. I'll have to ask about that. Not sure what kind of collecting (if any) is allowed.

Back