What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Auction

Good to know - we'll make sure to get filled in on the legalese by the time we put together this year's official rules.
Thanks!
~Joe

My work recently got fed up with the size of my email inbox and forced my to archive everything in some weird way and I'm having trouble locating any emails from over 12 months ago or else I would dig up my communications. From what I recall it is certainly easier to get authorized to ship "small seed lots" than CITES restricted and live plant material. I'll see if I can navigate the complex archive when I get a free moment...

xvart.

Random crazy thought...If enough are willing we could set up a deadbeat insureance fund. If enough people mailed off a few dollars we could "take the hit" as a group and use the fund to return there money with any leftovers just going as a donation. Just a thought, feel free to ignore me :banana2:.
This would be a good idea if the 'deadbeat activity' were a significant part of the auction. Maybe my memory is selective (actually I know that it's pretty selective - it selects stuff to forget all the time ...) but last year's only (is that correct?) deadbeat was also a deadbeat the year before but none of us ever even thought to check! :nono:

Just not in time..

I'm afraid that since I'm very new to CPs, I won't have anything to contribute to this year's auction, aside from any scratch I can scrounge beforehand to purchase plants. I definately plan to become an ICPS member this year so I can get cultivating these beautiful plants and, with any luck, next year I'll have more than a fair share of plants to contribute to this noble cause. The generosity of the members of this forum will guarantee that I will have plants to contribute next years. Kudos to the kind souls of Terraforums!

Thanks again,

Dan

I'm afraid that since I'm very new to CPs, I won't have anything to contribute to this year's auction, aside from any scratch I can scrounge beforehand to purchase plants. I definately plan to become an ICPS member this year so I can get cultivating these beautiful plants and, with any luck, next year I'll have more than a fair share of plants to contribute to this noble cause. The generosity of the members of this forum will guarantee that I will have plants to contribute next years. Kudos to the kind souls of Terraforums!

Thanks again,

Dan

I've only been seriously collecting for ~a year, so you can get into *all* sorts of trouble in this hobby in a very short time (omg so many little hungry mouths to feed :eek:).

they are almost like kids in a way lol

they are almost like kids in a way lol

Fortunately it's almost. otherwise I'd get charged with leaving 80something kids alone for the weekend. But officer, they all had been fed and had plenty of water. and I had them locked in so they couldn't get hurt. :-))

HAHAHA i will become known as the MD plant horder at some point, you won't be able to walk around with out running into plants or a grow rack :boogie:

Back