Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NASC rescue near Pensacola

Come along, Pond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NASC rescue near Pensacola

The North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC) has obtained a permit to rescue White Pitcher Plants (Sarracenia leucophylla) from a site near Pensacola, Florida. This property is being sold for development and we have the opportunity to go in and relocate the state endangered species to another location within the same region. There are many ways that you can get involved in this project. We are asking for volunteers at the Pensacola site to help remove and relocate plants and be on growing committees to help maintain the genetic population.

We are working out the dates, but if you’re interested in more information about volunteering in this relocation project, please email: conservation@nasarracenia.org

If you’re interested in being on a growing committee read the Grower and Distribution Committee Guidelines and email: plantmaterials@nasarracenia.org

We look forward to hearing from you!

Shane Myers

Head of Public Relations, NASC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could help out with this! I wish you all the best of luck in your efforts to save these plants.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sincerely hope this is not the property along the Blue Angels Parkway?