Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. National Sarracenia Collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To All: Tamlin has dropped his nomination, leaving me standing alone. Anyone else want to take the reins? There is a lot happening, and I think we need to form a group of fact collectors to test the limit of our limitations per the law, and what we can do to work with it, and not against it. Everything above board, and documented is what we are striving for. Anyone else?
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugweed,

Although I will be in short supply for an extended time, you are not standing alone. I will be long away from TF, but should you require financial backing I will donate my entire CP collection for auction to raise funds to support your effort. Every last plant.

IMO, you need to work in committee. Consider starting separate threads to deal with individual issues like:

What is currently out there by way of material

Legal issues relative to field collection

Ethical issues related to field collection

Seed bank possibilities

A home for this collection

Funding possibilities

Troubleshooting

By breaking it down into focused groups and appointing those with common interest to these groups, or committees, you will enable all to have a voice. Once the issues are fully explored, a report can be made, discussed with the assembly, and voted on.

Discussing everything on one thread will result in a volume of posts difficult for review and things will bog down.

I will be limited to snail mail communication for a couple of months at least, and will be standing down as a Moderator here, but if I can help my address is:

William Dawnstar
    42 East Oneida Street
    Oswego, NY 13126
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,well I,ve been waiting for something good to post on,and just want to say I'll help any way I can
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long do we wait for other nominations? I think we should set a deadline, otherwise we might be waiting a LONNGGG time.

SF

Edit: Welcome, God's Garden! Don't be afraid to jump in and post!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is truely going to get off the ground. A seperate website or a forum dedicated exclusively to this subject will be required. This project will take a lot of input from the CP community. Also it should all be done in the open so that we all can comment, although this will slow things down!

Is there anyone out there who has started a non-profit organization? Thats who we need. There will be plenty of paper work and legalease required to do this the right way.

At this point the President only needs to be a well organized person whith lots of time. The initail phase of this project will be research, research and then some more research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Regarding staring a whole new forum for this project. Can we not just use the Conservation Station, provided by Terraforums? What needs do we have that this section cannot provide?

Thank you,
    Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you all want a subcategory for the discussion of this project, let me know and I can set it up for you.

-Phil
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good to me. How does everyone feel about that?
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC