Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. National Sarracenia Collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that a subcategory would be very helpful.

I am again checking into the 160 acres of swamp land [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still looking for nominations for Chairman/President. Speak up!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glenn, I have been working hard on organizing the paper work for starting a non-profit. I sent a few things off to my company’s attorney yesterday for review. For now, we need to pick a state to base the Society out of. Now choosing a State is nothing more than paperwork. No one needs to reside in the state, or even file paperwork by hand.

My vote is for the state of Delaware. The cost of incorp. is the cheapest in the country. Furthermore, Delaware maintains a separate corporate law court system, called the Delaware Court of Chancery, that does not use juries, but only uses judges appointed for their knowledge of corporate law. This means, should something actually happen such as a lawsuit, that you don't have a jury of un-educated (as far as business law goes) people deciding your fate. Chances are, if you followed the letter of the law, you are safe. Anyone in business knows, that if you go before a jury, even if you did everything absolutely by the book, you still have a decent chance to lose. I feel this is a very important item to consider.

Also, you don't have to list the names of the officers on the forms of incorporation in Delaware. This means a whole lot less paperwork when there are position changes. (I.E. a new secretary is elected etc...)

The costs of incorporation vary. Depending on where and how fast we want it done. I have already come up with a few ways to raise some funds for this task and I am trying to work with all parties involved at present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too believe a subcategory would be very helpful. Thanks Phil!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the sub catagories I am most interested in is for people who are currently growing the "pure" sarrs with well kept record,and willing to support
    the monumental under taking.I feel we definatly need to find all resources currently at our disposal before a plan of collection is preposed.Delaware dose seem be the best base from what I've read,of course my preception my be scewered I AM from Houston{(Think ENRON NEVER BEEN AN EMPLOYE)
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldnt a place where we can grow many plants outside rether than inside be a better choice?

as for Chairman/President i nominate
    bugweed
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch,

I believe the state is only a choice of where to base this organization so that the paperwork is easiest. This will qualify us for being a NPO and other legal stuff. The plants will still be grown (I think) by stewards wherever they happen to live. Also, I believe Bugweed has already been nominated (meaning chosen to run for President). We haven't actually gotten to voting yet, but we should soon (*hint hint, guys*!).

SF [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions from the moderators about subcatagories. Once this kicks into high gear we my need subcatagories for each of the areas Tamlin suggested in his post. I was just thinking it would be easier to keep track of things if they were more organized.

If the a non-profit is formed in Delaware, do you have to have your organization located there? Can you incorporate in a State but have your operations elswhere?

Does anyone have experience drafting a business plan? I think that would be step one.