User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: National Sarracenia Collection Project - EVERYONE..Vote your opinions and support

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I do not support a U.S. National Sarracenia Collection.

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the idea but in spirit only.

19 17.92%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to have a task/project assigned to me.

2 1.89%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to help the cause financially

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate a service and/or my skills to the cause.

8 7.55%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate equipment or work space to the cause.

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can offer grow space and propagation to the effort

20 18.87%
  • Yes, I support the project...I am skilled and knowledgeable in the area of sensitive field collection

1 0.94%
  • Yes, I support the project, but I don't know what to do. How can I help?

23 21.70%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can be active in a number of ways listed above

33 31.13%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: National Sarracenia Collection Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted "Yes, I support the idea but in spirit only." 'cause I don't live in U.S. Also, my only skills that could be helpfull are connected to computers and internet. And it seems to me there enough of those already....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted for "Yes, I support the project...I can offer grow space and propagation to the effort"

I also know of several Sarracenia Purpurea populations in Western NY state..
    if the project comes down to seed collection, I could work with the local authorities and land owners to collect small samples of seed from these locations..the populations are quite large, I dont think a few seeds would harm the popluations at all..
    but of course, I would take seeds only if there is a need for the project..
    these particular populations are in no immediate danger..

I would also like to grow some plants for the project!
    I have been growing CPs for almost 10 years now..
    thanks! great project!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can offer plenty of grow space. .

Mike

Lover of Mexican Pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can I say, but I am shocked. I have always wanted to play a big part of this, but I never considered actually quarterbacking it.

I am going to need some time to consider this, but I will only take it under consideration if Bugweed will be my "running mate" so to speak. I may have the business skills and drive, but I do not know the politics or major players in the cp world.

I would like to ask PAK to start writing up our mission statement. Your writing skills are matched by few, and I think you could make it read much better than I.

Anyone elses thoughts?

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all Justin here of course I vote yes I'm am willing to work as a PR REP.In the
    Houston,Galveston,TX area. Casper I,m only about 6 hours from you so if you need
    anything you have but to ask.My job is in environmental affairs so if anyone knows the sites to search regarding collection,legal viability of a NPO,or anything you feel is essential for sucess, post the links for us all.The more information we have at our disposal the more effective we can be.I do have a
    good deal of growing space to offer if it becomes a need.I certainly have any
    supplemental lighting(2 400MH & 175MH)as well as being able to segregate diff. species.Considering the amount of info to be accumulated and posted to"members" a web site is a great idea. This way, we can keep our topics more neatly organized.I would encourage everybody to become privy to any info given wether or not you feel it's your strong suite,When spreading the word the more questions you can answer the more effective you can be.I,m always willing to learn so even if there are areas I'm not knowledgable in I WILL LEARN
    AND I WILL HELP AND WE!!!!! WILL! MAKE! A DIFFERANCE!!!!!!!!!
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and I can offer my grow space and services. I love growing sarracenias and have a decent amount of space. I don't have the perfect climate but I've successfully grown many sarracenias (until they started mysteriously dying the last few months [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] ). I also have experience in pollination and seed germination.

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can offer growing space and maybe space for stratification of seedlings. If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to ask. Since I am in Washington State, I am a bit far from the front lines, but I am willing to help out. I am an analytical type of person; charts, graphs, numbers, trents. I should have majored in statistics instead of elementary education, but who would teach my wonderful sixth graders this year!

If there are any of the plants in my collection that need to be donated to the cause, I am all for that. I do have an S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if I support it. It seems to have a lot of emphasis on collecting plants from the wild, and little on determining how much is already in collections.

I could understand if its goal was to rescue plants from bogs that are about to be destroyed, or to educate the public on Sarracenia, or to try and protect remaining bogs. But it seems to be focussed on taking a few plants from every bog that it is possible, and putting them into collections.

There are an awful lot of Sarracenia in collections already. Perhaps, they aren't representative of many populations. But, they seem to be a resource the Sarracenia collection is not foccussing on.

Perhaps, if collecting is the way people plan on going about this, we should map which species from which locations are already in collections, and focus on collecting from areas that are not represented only, if at all.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast