User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: National Sarracenia Collection Project - EVERYONE..Vote your opinions and support

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I do not support a U.S. National Sarracenia Collection.

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the idea but in spirit only.

19 17.92%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to have a task/project assigned to me.

2 1.89%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to help the cause financially

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate a service and/or my skills to the cause.

8 7.55%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate equipment or work space to the cause.

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can offer grow space and propagation to the effort

20 18.87%
  • Yes, I support the project...I am skilled and knowledgeable in the area of sensitive field collection

1 0.94%
  • Yes, I support the project, but I don't know what to do. How can I help?

23 21.70%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can be active in a number of ways listed above

33 31.13%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: National Sarracenia Collection Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is U.S. project... just wanted let you all know you have some support "North of the Border".

I hope to expand on my sarracenia collection this year.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    carnivorous23, You should read the 14 other pages this poll came off of. It would tell you that we intend to look at the captive specimens first, collecting seed or plants would be secondary, legally done, with full documentation as to where and why. All above board, sir. The stands are disappearing so fast, we want to preserve the biodiversity that is left out there, before it is gone forever. And we want everygrower in the US and Canada to have the plants from specific locations that so many serious collectors want. If something becomes commonplace, no one will buy it from someone asking a ridiculous price for it. A poacher would rapidly lose his incentive to take what is no longer valuable as all would have it. Thats' right, Appendix 1 plants as well. And we write to whomever to get the permission we need for legal collection purposes, if those services are required. "Nuff said.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be happy to contribute to this effort. My contribution at this point would be financial only, as I have neither the room nor time to assist in ways that I would prefer to. Let me know.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to have a project assigned to me.
    I have good interpersonal skills, and I'm good on the phone (gotta talk to customers at work and all), so I can certainly make phone calls to organizations like, for instance, the New York Botanical Garden.
    I teach, so I can offer my services as such. If there is a class that needs to be taught, I can help.
    I can also offer a small amount of grow space.
    And any other tasks, just ask! I'm happy to provide whatever other services that are needed.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schloaty, I do have a project that I need to assign. We need to find out what material is currently present in collections with as much data as possible. If you accept the task, you can decide wheather you want to start a new thread, or handle it by p'ms or what not. I would prefer not to congest this thread with it though.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

As I posted in my long note to the main discussion thread on this, I'd be willing to help in a number of ways.

1)I could help in the drafting of a charter/business plan.

2)I could help be a canary-in-the-coalmine, and tell you which ideas are likely not going to work with Fish and Wildlife, etc.

3)When it gets going, I could donate plants.

4)I could help you seek ICPS Funding.

Good luck!

Barry

Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Co-editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you , Barry, for validating my idea. I am pleased to see as many as I have, respond to this project, and it makes me feel good that I brought this up to Tamlin. And as you see, it is growing leaps and bounds. We can make a difference in the fate of our bogs, and with all of you, we may even be able to slow or stop the developer who will not work with the earth and work with the plants in his plan. Preserve the earth, and its precious cargo. It is up to us!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in south Georgia,so I have perfect growing weather and I have growing space.I have only been growing for a year now,have'nt killed any sarrs [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] so I think I could grow them.And I have a S.minor with location data.So thats all that I can offer.

Jerry [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast