User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: National Sarracenia Collection Project - EVERYONE..Vote your opinions and support

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I do not support a U.S. National Sarracenia Collection.

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the idea but in spirit only.

19 17.92%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to have a task/project assigned to me.

2 1.89%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to help the cause financially

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate a service and/or my skills to the cause.

8 7.55%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate equipment or work space to the cause.

0 0%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can offer grow space and propagation to the effort

20 18.87%
  • Yes, I support the project...I am skilled and knowledgeable in the area of sensitive field collection

1 0.94%
  • Yes, I support the project, but I don't know what to do. How can I help?

23 21.70%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can be active in a number of ways listed above

33 31.13%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: National Sarracenia Collection Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I replyed, but maybe not. Yah, I can help in a number of ways. I have a nice chunk of land and if a Northern Purp local is needed, I can probubly designate a section of it to be transphormed into a bog. I got grow space in general, access to a couple of privetly owned bogs and could probubly get a prof. to help out with any feild research/collection needed [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what I could do but I am always willing to help keep any plants alive. Let me know

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already voted and my position is fairly clear. It is our duty to attempt to save these plants. I personally believe that everything serves a very important purpose, even if that purpose is not clear to us. If something goes into a natural extinction that must be allowed to occur. But man made must be fought. This is a good way of fighting. Casper (we need a friendly ghost smiley), Bugweed had asked for me to gather info from states about there collection policies. I have begun to collect that data. Do you wish for me to continue? I will not be able to get on AOL with you until Monday. This weekend is one day in and already a killer.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper,
    By all means proceed. I don't know of anyone else currently working on that.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support this, but I don't know what I can do. I can difinetly support, and maybe even work on webspace.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great relief to see that there is more support for this project than there initially appeared. I am in full support of the direction this is headed. I cannot offer extensive knowledge, but I can offer growing space at Seattle Central Community College. We currently have a meager collection that I have been nurturing and expanding (mostly out of my own collection, but also through the generosity of Brooks Garcia) and have arranged many trades to this end. Better than that is the new greenhouse that is being constructed, including a three tier bog garden, which should be completed within a year.

While not the ideal region for subtropicals, the winters in Seattle are very mild and many people grow various Sarrs outdoors year round with no insulation, although it makes for a long dormancy.

In addition to the greenhouse space, I have a love for driving my covered pickup all over the northwest for any reason that may assist in this endeavor. While I don't anticipate that this will be of any help, it is available.

I would also like to assist an any mundane way that I can: stuffing envelopes, writing thank you notes, whatever needs done.

While I was more than glad to help organize a dedicated group of private growers, I'm glad to see that there are people capable of organizing something more formal, as well as the support for that movement. My hat's off to you all.

jason the monk
    "Like most religions, reason has presented itself as the solution to the problems it has created."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone could work up a article about what we are doing,those of us with websites could post it.They could post it here ,and the rest of us just copy and paste it on our own site.Just a suggestion.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool85K5 that's a good idea. I will get to work on one. Does anyone have the current loss figures? That is how fast we are losing the plant's natural lands and the such? I am dedicating a section of my website to this project. It would be great if those with larger sites could do the same. The more it is seen the more it will be believed.

Do we have a records keeper yet?
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast