What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Sarracenia Collection Project

National Sarracenia Collection Project - EVERYONE..Vote your opinions and support

• No, I do not support a U.S. National Sarracenia Collection.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I support the idea but in spirit only.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes, I support the project...I'd like to have a task/project assigned to me.

• Yes, I support the project...I'd like to help the cause financially

• Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate a service and/or my skills to the cause.

• Yes, I support the project...I'd like to donate equipment or work space to the cause.

• Yes, I support the project...I can offer grow space and propagation to the effort

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Yes, I support the project...I am skilled and knowledgeable in the area of sensitive field collectio

• Yes, I support the project, but I don't know what to do. How can I help?

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes, I support the project...I can be active in a number of ways listed above

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
I can offer grow room for the Sarracenia.

eplants02, Who are you? Have you taken a vote in the poll? Have you volunteered to help out? Have you joined the Terra Forums, or the new organisation forming? Come on, be a part of. It takes more than growing space for this, and being a part of the new society is one of them. Get back to us and let us know, we could use serious growers for this project.

Eplants02 is already a member of TF. In fact, he is member number 27!!

I thought Phil had set it up so guests couldn't post? Ah well, whatever!

SF

I was wondering. No profile, no nothing!
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

If you ever need help over to the north, i would like to join. i know this is a US thing, but maybe i can help. im not sure of what i can do right now, exept donate seeds when i have extra or offer space to grow them. if you ever need me, i will be here. Zongyi
smile.gif

eplants02 name is Eric.I have done trades with him and I think he will help us out anyway he can.Hey Eric,why are you showing up as a guest?

Jerry

This project has been in the back of my head all the time. Enough that I abstained from buying an S. purpurea at Lowes(got a sundew instead) with the thought"Well, when the time comes, maybe I'll get something useful instead!"  
laugh.gif

Will watch for ways that I can help. At the time I can offer grow room if needed. I have room for as many plants as need be.

Jeff
Portland, OR

*cough* *cough* I'm sorry it is dusty around here. HELLO? LOL
smile_n_32.gif

Hi Travis.
smile.gif
I'm here. I'm always here. I'm the ghost of NASC. hehe

Ohhhhhh yeah...Casper is the ghost of NASC...the friendly, helpful ghost lending a helping hand to the hurricane victims.
smile.gif

Casper, is there anything we should do or just hold tight?

Well Since it was listed I can help with:
Growspace
Wild collected plants (construction sites only, not actually wild collected)
No finacially at this point
Obsevbing plants in the wild ( Species I know where they are and when I can Vistit them: S. minor any day wanted, S. leuco several times a year, S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkeii several times a year, S. flava mix maybe once if the road is not widened).
I do not exactly understand what this entails- would I have to list plants I have as National Sarracenia plants or would I be sent plants.

That will all be listed out for you. We are building the Conservancy now, making rules and policies. If you know of natural plant locations in your area it would be a great assest if you could list those for us. We hope to have work for everyone, who wishes to help, very shortly. We took a break over the holidays, but this week it will be back to work. I will be in touch.

Well, there's nothing been posted in here for a while, but I figured I'd write something anyway... If there's anything that needs helpin' with, then people can always contact me (I've said it before but...) I know that things are still kind of in the works right now, but if there's anything within my ability to help with, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Until then I'll just keep on spreading the word in my area- I figure I can't go wrong with that! Let me know if there's anything you guys need!

Come to the meeting on the tenth. You are going to be a lot of help.

My name is Jason. I live in middle Georgia. I can offer some growspace and can possibly help with computer stuff and organization. Just let me know what needs to be done. I have a couple of years experience growing Sarracenia, and will be glad to help in any way I can.

Nothing has been posted here for awhile, so I hope someone reads this...

I and others read anything that has changed. Do not worry, we are keeping on top of things.

Hi,

I voted and feel that I can be of help in a few different ways. I've got more growing space here in NC for Sarracenia growing and propagation. I have a good bit of research/teaching experience including a good statistical background with some experimental design experience. Also, most of my interests and career involves plant/invertebrate taxonomy. I would love to help out with a project here in NC and I am willing to devote some of my free time for growing/propagation, field taxonomy, research, educational efforts, and/or plant rescue activities.

Thank you,

VH

Back