OK,SF YOU BEAT ME TO IT lol
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Why not just rearrange the words so it's not NSC? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img] Also, I think that conservancy should be in the title.
    And I like the sound of Society &/or Foundation, too. Guess they can't all fit, though... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]
    If this is to be a not-for-profit organization, there may be some legal reason to use one name over another, also.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good! Keep it coming, we will list the names for consideration when Casper is ready for the first step--a name for ourselves. Any more??
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Da Boss (the Wife) just suggested Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation. Any more??
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia Conservancy.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We may want to think about the impact of the name on the general public. I know that it is an awkward name, it isn't technically accurate and will lend ambiguity to those in the know, AND may even sound bad, but the mental image that the Pitcher Plant Conservancy (or some such variance) makes in the mind of the public may be worth it. I'm not sure if we will even want to court public opinion in the future, but it's something to consider.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't vote for it unless someone made a really great argument for it, but I thought I should bring up the option of using common name since it hasn't come up yet.

jason the monk
    "Like most religions, reason has presented itself as the solution to the problems it has created."

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still prefer Conservancy in the name. I think "collection" conveys an image of one group of plants on display somewhere. And though that may be part of it eventually, its not really the whole picture of what this is about.

National Sarracenia Conservancy and Preservation Foundation
    National Sarracenia Preservation and Conservancy Foundation
    National Conservancy for Preservation of American Pitcher Plants
    Sarracenia National Conservancy and Preservation Foundation (that rhymes...ugh)
    Sarracenia National Preservation and Conservancy Foundation
    The National Sarracenia Conservancy Program (or Foundation)
    National Conservancy Foundation for American Pitcher Plants
    National Sarracenia Conservancy Foundation

I guess I like the words "National" (because it implies its for and by "the people"...the country as a whole, not just CP growers)...and Conservancy (to me means the PEOPLE who are working to "conserve" the plants) and "Foundation" (sounds like a non-profit group). The name is about WHO the group is as well as what the group is trying to accomplish.

Just my 2 cents. I'm still thinking. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those plus the others that have been mentioned are probably enough names for a poll.

SF

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast