User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Official Sarracenia Project Name - Voice of the people...cast your VOTE!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • North American Sarracenia Conservation Society

18 56.25%
  • Sarracenia National Conservancy and Preservation Society

1 3.13%
  • First National Sarracenia Conservancy

4 12.50%
  • Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation

7 21.88%
  • National Sarracenia Preservation and Conservancy Foundation

1 3.13%
  • National Conservancy of American Pitcher Plants

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Sarracenia Project Name

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted for First National Sarracenia Conservancy...although I think the word "First" isn't really necessary...perhaps could be worded "North American Sarracenia Conservancy" (NASC). I think its short and to the point.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]"North American Sarracenia Conservancy" (NASC)
    YES!!!!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to triple that. I voted for North American Sarracenia Conservancy Foundation, but that's only because North American Sarracenia Conservancy wasn't listed. I believe the words Conservation Foundation fall a little over each other. I would also prefer the quick sound of N.A.S.C. over N.A.S.C.F. but both would be great.
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could've sworn N. American Sarracenia Conservancy was suggested and received high praise in the other thread. I would vote for that if it was up there. Personally, none of the candidates sound good to me, the way they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes,
    I voted FNSC,but agree with the comments above!
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you guy's on the North American Sarracenia Conservancy name. The others are OK but this seems more concise.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I could've sworn N. American Sarracenia Conservancy was suggested and received high praise in the other thread. I would vote for that if it was up there. Personally, none of the candidates sound good to me, the way they are.
    Yeah, I was the one who suggested "NASC." It's not up there...'seems like he derived one of the listed names from "North American Sarracenia Conservancy." I think his version of the name is fantabulous. The only reason I mentioned "Conservancy" instead of "conservation society" is because a conservancy is more/less a conservation society, and "conservancy" is simpler.

Yet, somehow... life goes on.

-TC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "North American Sarracenia Conservation Society" works fine for me. I like "North American" because it is specific. Not vague like "National" or, to a lesser extent, "US"
    Anyway, this was all based around creating a NATIONAL (united states based) Sarracenia collection. Call me crazy, but I think that implies that all of the plants must be... well... in the United States. Are we excluding people of other nationalities than North America from participating in the project if we call ourselves a "North American" organization? It does not seem like it.
    If a grower in... say... Antwerp, Belgium wants to contribute, I am sure he/she may contribute in many different ways.

Regardless, Casper has the right to use as many combinations of the suggested terms that have been provided, and weave them together to create a logical, appropriate name (duh, we all know this). I like his choices. Nice and diverse to a point.
    I am sure that if enough people cite enough reasons for changing a word or a placement of a word (or a different name), he would listen.

*POSITIVE THINKING*

-Trevor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast