Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NASC:  Who is willing to help work this project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bugweed,

Sounds like a great idea!! I wonder how much one is able to tell about a piece of land from aerial pictures? I think at best one can find land that would be suitable for a cp bog, not necessarily land that has sarras on it.

The aerial pictures that the USDA has produced can be viewed online. Here is an example:

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.a....=17&w=1

See the pitchers? I don't. But it looks like a suitable spot to me....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noah!! Are you blind?? I counted 50 plants!! LOL! Don't worry, Andy has a lot of experience with this, and is leading the mapping expedition, with Brooks in tow. Casper and Wolfpackgurl are going to be a part of the overall work being done, and Wolfpackgurl is champing at the bit. Wonderful lady!! She will be Casper's Information Officer so that Casper can concentrate on what steps he has to take to get our non profit status, as well as handle his paying job. Since Casper is so busy, I felt Tiah would be excellent for the job. Whatever Casper comes up with, she will give to the Conservancy so we all know where we are at. I am glad to have so many willing people to help with this project. I only wish Copper were down there too.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aweomse!! Someone mentioned me!! Cool! I also know how to make websites and stuff!!
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My name is Jim. Resources. Not sure, but I work at an environmental laboratory and Home Depot on Saturdays. Also have a streamlet running behind our apartment, if that can be utilized for anything.

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also can keep plants in my room and well my house. my stepdad is a gardener and he would love to build a greenhouse with me.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big space in time since someone has added to this thread, but here you go.

My name is Jason Hupp, and I am a trained botanist/ecologist working on a graduate degree in plant eco-physiology. I have experince working as a field botanist with SREL and in herbarium maintance. I also have a background in geograpphic information systems, particularly landscape ecology (ie predicting the location of plant comunities based on various spatial datasets). If you think I can help let me known.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

My name is Jonathan Treffkorn, I live in California, right by the ocean, so the location is great for growing CPs. I'm a Junior in highschool (well, in a few week's time), working on entering the field of biology, particularly, botany. I am a hard and dedicated worker, I love CPs (but I suppose thats obvious for everyone who posts here), and besides the rest of the obvious stuff, I'm willing to put in the time to work (which will be much more pleantiful after this year) and I've been growing CP's since third grade. That's all that I can think of right now, and I suppose that I can't do much at the current moment, but right now I can do things in California that need doing, and as I am the CP community in my area, I have been introducing people the people of my community to the CP world. I'm nothing special right now, but I'm an extra pair of hands, craving no be more active in the CP community, I love to learn, and I'm willing to dedicate my time to boot!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read the statement and would love to help out. tell me what i can do, suzanne! i have plenty of growspace and i've had experiance in bog raids to rescue cp's from development. i'm experianced at growing cp's and i have the time to do whatever i can to help out. i live in GA which is the pefect climate to grow sarracenia and i can give away tons of seed next year.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast