What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC:  Who is willing to help work this project

lol Bob...I THINK you fit into the age requirement.
smile.gif
Thank you for adding your name.

Bob, if you're 200, you might be too old. If you are younger than that, hop on. Don't know where we are at yet, and its been a slow ride, but step by step, we move forward.

well, my name is santiago, im 13, I dont know if i meet the age requirements, i have much time to spend nursing my plants, im very talented at seed germination, and i have propagantion and growing space, if i dont meet the age requiremen than i will return when i do
smile.gif

Hello My name is Josh, and I have been looking over the NASC since I got here, but I feel a little more confident now at growing them. I can offer some growspace and seeds when I get plants established for flowering. Thanks to a generous member, JBL, My collection has increased. I can set aside some growspace in my GH for seedlings too. I just have to get better at germinating seeds first! 3 batches of seeds and no germinations yet. My recond stinks at that department, but I have grown the plants I have successfully so far. I live in GA that seems to be a pretty good place to grow these lovely plants in.

You can add my name also... As long as I fit those requirments. Just let me know what I can do.

Hello to everyone! Greg Nevels here! I will do anything required of me to help in this project. I have plenty of grow space in East Texas. I was born and raised in south central Mississippi and still visit there every 15 days! I am very successful growing Sarracenia in my artificial bogs. I am very adept at coming up with gadgets to aid in my hobby. My next project will include some surplus salad bar tables and RO units! It will be out of this world! Anyway, Boglodyte reporting for duty!
smile.gif

well im Alex Lindeman. I'm 15 years old and live in Louisville Kentucky. my strenghts.....I'm very pacient with things. Just about anything is do able for me as long as i have the "raw materials". I'm really getting into Sarracenia now....Such facinating pants! Anything i can do for being a 15 year old and not being able to drive?
biggrin.gif
just write me up! im willing to help any cause(especially when its somthing i like).
Alex

EDIT: oh yea! My dad works for a land scaping company and he has a bunch of unheated greenhouses. during the winter they are usually filled with plants but there is usually room for a bunch more extras. and ive been growing since november(woohoo) but got my first VFT and been obsessed with CPs since i was 7 or 8. i dont know if i fit the age requierments so if i dont ill just stick around.

NASC graphic design

Hey Nascites,

I recall someone, a long time ago when NASC was just getting formulated, pulled together a really nice bit of graphic design to make a nice brochure for NASC. Who was that? Could that person email me at barry(at)carnivorousplants.org?

THANKS!!!!

Barry

My name is Joshua I live in Coos Bay oregon,am 14 and want to help anyway I can since the location I live in oregon it is perfect for darlington and I think sarracenia. I am try out tc and when I get things working okayy I can become a CP cloner for people and have a small yearound stream and spring it is sorta shady but cutting trees will make it good enoughe for sarracenia I think. I have 8 acres there so plenty of room for bog gardens and a greenhouse. I am homeschooled so have lots of time to help do much of anything for the NASC . What is the required age for the NASC?

My name is Sam, I live in St Croix Falls, Wisconsin. I am 13 and my talents include uh... well, computers. Writing, uh... yeah.

I have little money and could probably only help online. But, I can update when I can :).

My name is John Paul (17) and I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Can't say I have any dominant strengths I can think of but I'm willing to help any way that I can even if it means putting in an acre of bog at my home... that would be horrible but someone has to do it :D

-J.P.

Guess who? It's me ole Boglodyte. I've been away for awhile but I made it back home. How's things coming along these days? Hey Plantakiss, my new AIM sign in name is Nevels91365. When is the next meeting?

Hi Greg

Next meeting is this Thursday, 8 p.m. We need you! We need soldiers out in the field. We gotta get you working for us. :)

I have a halter and corral. Might have to go after me some new NASC activists. hehe

Okie dokie. I'll be around Thursday at 8pm. Remember, Nevels91365. My other puter crashed out on me. I've been all over the Southeast/west United States since the last time I talked to y'all. I'm back home in good ole Mississippi now though.

hello my name is John Phillips I'm 15 and I live in zone 8 we
have mild winters here.
I would be willing to do propagate sarrcenia that are rare int he wild by seed and divisions to serve as backups for wild populations.
I plan to own a nursery and would grow these plants in my private collection seperate from my stock.

Back