Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NASC:  Who is willing to help work this project

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay...more recruits into the army. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks you guys.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am willing to help but unsure of what is out there for me to do? I do live in Michigan and my house is bone dry. So I do not have any grow space but I do know where Sarrs are in Michigan. I believe it is the Purple sarr or something like that.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, if you need anyone in Canada, im here. i live in Markham, Ontario, Canada. i am in gr 9 (or going to be) and i work as a newspaper boy.

i have a lot of time and space. i can provide a lot of growspace in my backyard. i can also do websites useing html and i can do research along with writeing stuff. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know for sure if this has been taken, I know scotty said he would keep track of who has what plants and where they are. I could( I think I can, if not I can always get help) keep track of the mailing list(e-mail)/members of the NSCA. People who want to join and such would contact me via e-mail and eventually through the website. I could also keep track of when current members lose their status of member and thus delete them off the mailing list.

~Wes~
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wes, I currently have a list going. People who want to be kept up to date need to email me, but we will try to get a basic structure before emailing everyone.

Pak, is someone doing the site. I have the room and know who if not.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rose

I just made a post about that. We need a server for it and then it will be a go. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Names Danny Beane, age 19, been a while since I have been into this part of the forum. However I currently work at the Ohio State Ornamental Plant Germplasm center where I have developed the following skills
    Pollination
    Seed Collection
    Propigation
    Seed Cleaning
    by the end of this year I might have tissue culture experience. Anyways I currently won't be able to help much until summer when I get back home where I have open space. I am currently planning on building several propigation shelves to see how quickly and effectively Sarracenia leaf cuttings/pullings are at rapidly producing plants. I won't be able to work at optimum efficiency until next fall though when I moveout of my dorm and into my house and am ableto turn my basement into a propigation/storage room plus live close to work. Currently I am only useful for moral support til next year. I have also been pestering the people at where I work that there is just as great of a needtoprotect Sars as there is to protect pelargoniums tagetes rudbeckia etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I offered awhile back to take charge of compiling the "NASC list of plants in collections"..
    but im not sure if that is still needed or not, because that would fall under the webpage construction I would think..
    If someone is still needed to put that list together I will do it!
    then I guess it could be simply added to the NASC webpage when that is up and running.

im thinking we need a list of every plant that fits the criteria, in people's collections.
    Persons name, location, plant name and location plant was collected from.
    We only care about plants that have REAL CONFIRMED locations!
    We cant do anything with Judith Hindle from Home depot!
    (not that its not a great plant!
    But we need real, confirmed "in the wild" locations that these plants are from to make this meaningfull..

and please be VERY HONEST about the plant's location data!
    just guessing would be very very bad..would mess up everything. if you arent 101% certain that your plant is absolutely from the stated location, dont include it..

Which means that currently NO plants in my collection will be included in the NASC database! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    (well..I do have some seeds from ICPS that have sprouted..those would work because the locations the seeds were collected from are indicated by ICPS..)

as for YOUR personal location, I dont think we would want everyone's real name and city listed..So we could be vague.
    "Scot Lawrence, Western NY" or something like that..
    do what you feel comfortable with to keep your collection location hidden enough..if people want to trade with you can make the judgement call then..
    or..maybe we dont need to indicate OUR location at all??
    just a name alone is probably fine.
    Maybe an officer of the NASC can keep a master list of people's real names and contact information, but that info wont need to be public..

ok, so is this list still something the society needs done?
    Or is someone else already compiling that list?
    Scot

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast