Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NASC:  Who is willing to help work this project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Scot,

This list will be a very important part of what we are doing.

As to who is currently working on that, I'm not exactly sure.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Okay, so that wasn't a lot of helpful information. I'll keep quite and let someone who knows more info post.

-noah

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better late than never I suppose.

Not in the U.S. anymore, and I couldn't offer offer much grow space anyway but I think I can still help.

One former freelance writer and soon to be DMA graduate at your service. Trained/ing in everything from print design to corporate image management with mutimedia developement thrown in too. I am by no means a "front-end" PR person but I make sure all the tools (Printed Material, CD-ROM/DVD Presentations and Interactives, Informational Graphics, and all things related to Branding and Public Recognition) that back up the PR face are functional, acturate, message oriented, and just plain look good. Oh, and I can write too!

If you ever have need of my services don't hesitate to ask.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirk Simpson, I have plenty of grow room for any plants, not to mention I grow them all in gallon pots so they have room to grow, also not to mention I love to grow sarracenia, im sure I could fins a place in my greenhouse for some NASCers! I live in Colorado Springs, CO
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirk, if you grow for the NASC, their ARE rules pertaining to growers age, and growing experience. If you meet the criteria, welcome aboard! If not, stick around. You're enthusiasm is infectious. We will use your talents later, if we have to.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool what are the requirements? I'm thirteen and I've been growing since 11, got my first sarra at 8 though (died)
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The advent of the new auction has made me (and i'm sure others) wonder what has been done with the proceeds from last year. I imagine some accounting of that would probably help encourage bidding this year, and just generally be good form.

I've not played any role in this project yet, and don't have a lot of time to do so, but the NECPS has a similar mission statement and i already maintain the webpage for it, so if you want a webmaster, i will help. I'm not sure if you already have a webpage or not- browsing the few threads that seemed relevant didn't turn up an answer. Adding a NASC-relevant extension to the present NECPS webpage would be easy. As is obvious, i don't really have any design skills, but i am very computer savvy and good at English composition.

The hosting we have is donated by a member, so i'd have to get permission to add NASC to the hosted site, but the design work i can offer with no strings.

For the NECPS site (and the CP world in general) i am working on an overhaul to the unfinished trade feature that will be based on what i envision as the be-all, end-all CP species collective database/growlist/tradelist manager. Once that is finished, it would be relatively easy to add all the (unconfidential) data for the locales and varieties of Sarracenia to the public database, and that way it would help bring coherence to the state of Sarr collections. (And no one would have to turn into Darth Vader in the process)
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

I live in MI and I am interested in helping however I can.

Skills: For what its worth I have a technical background and have been involved with engineering, project management and sales most of my carreer so the usual skills that go with that type of work is what I can bring to the table. If anyone wants greater detail, PM me.

Thanks
    Glenn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 06 2005,5:26)]..., if you grow for the NASC, their ARE rules pertaining to growers age, and growing experience. If you meet the criteria, welcome aboard!
    Well, I was going to add my name to this list and volunteer. I have about 50 years experience growing CPs, but I am probably too old to meet the age criteria.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast