Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Formation of Committiees and nominations

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the duties of the secretary? I can't accept or decline a position without knowing what's involved.

And I DON"T make coffee so THAT'S out. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken from the ICPS bylaws:

Note: Mostly the secretary holds all contact info for the board, and takes minutes of the meetings. As well as holds copies of all up to date paperwork (such as bylaws, articles of coroporation etc...)

SECTION 8. DUTIES OF SECRETARY
    The Secretary shall:

Certify and keep at the principal office of the corporation the original, or a copy of these Bylaws as amended or otherwise altered to date.

Keep at the principal office of the corporation or at such other place as the board may determine, a book of minutes of all meetings of the directors, and, if applicable, meetings of committees of directors and of members, recording therein the time and place of holding, whether regular or special, how called, how notice thereof was given, the names of those present or represented at the meeting, and the proceedings thereof.

See that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws or as required by law.

Be custodian of the records and of the seal of the corporation and see that the seal is affixed to all duly executed documents, the execution of which on behalf of the corporation under its seal is authorized by law or these Bylaws.

Keep at the principal office of the corporation a membership book containing the name and address of each and any members, and, in the case where any membership has been terminated, he or she shall record such fact in the membership book together with the date on which such membership ceased.

Exhibit at all reasonable times to any director of the corporation, or to his or her agent or attorney, on request therefor, the Bylaws, the membership book, and the minutes of the proceedings of the directors of the corporation.

In general, perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as may be required by law, by the Articles of Incorporation of this corporation, or by these Bylaws, or which may be assigned to him or her from time to time by the Board of Directors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate Ozzy for Maintainence Commissioner.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For inventory I nominate Mike King
    For Cost Paul (Casper)
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugweed, I'll accept the nomination, for now. But for I commit to it I want to find out exactly what the duties are, and that I can do them. I still haven't done that. If somebody can, please send me a pm with the list of duties.
    Thanks

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still mulling over the Secretary nomination. I'm not sure if that type of position is my strong suit. While I'm mulling, I'd like to nominate Copper as Secretary. She seems very organized. And I need an opponent.

I'm probably better at a PR something...strengths in marketing/writing/creative. I'd love to be a state representative for VA if that's needed...I have connections and easy access to Meadowview.

I'm not quite sure where my skills fit the best... I would be the Secretary if no one else feels qualified but I'd like to be involved in some other way as well.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    speaking of casper, where is he?
    that makes no logic

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man i wish more people knew me so they could nominate me for something!
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast