What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**POLL for Sarracenia Project NAME**

**POLL for Sarracenia Project NAME** - Vote for the Name You Think Is Best

• Sarracenia National Conservancy and Preservation Society (SNCPS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation (SCPF)

• North American Sarracenia Coservancy (NASC)

• North American Pitcher Plant Foundation (NAPPF)

• North American Sarracenia Conservation Society (NASCS)

• First National Sarracenia Conservancy (FNSC)

• National Sarracenia Preservation and Conservancy Foundation (NSPCF)

• National Conservancy of American Pitcher Plants (NCAPP)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello Everybody

Again, I apologize for having to interrupt the previous poll but we got two additional entries to add.  I think out of these 8 choices, one will fit quite well and we want everyone to have their chance to support their favorite choice.

Please vote for the name you believe fits the organization's goals the best.  I think the differences are subtle between "conservation" and "preservation" and "foundation" and "society", etc.  All the suggestions are pretty close on the money.  So choose the one you think is most appropriate and *effective in its use* for naming this burgeoning group.  
smile.gif

This poll will run until late Thursday evening, March 11th.

Please, everyone...from newbies to experienced, sarracenia nut to nepenthes nut, this is for ALL our benefit so CAST YOUR VOTE...let your voice be heard!  You do not have to be actively involved in this project to vote.

Thank you all for your patience and support during our growing pains.  
smile.gif

PAK
----------
edit: OOPS...please note that it is supposed to be "CONSERVANCY", not "coservancy" in the "NASC" listing

NASCS all the way!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

(Before anybody gets on me for posting this, it's the MOTIVE that counts, and not the name.  Its what gets accomplished, not what alias we use.  Priorities, folks.)

SF

I voted for the NAPPF. Foundations can get grants and donations after all. Just my .02 cents.

Good voting!

I went with the Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation (SCPF). This name would encompass international efforts, and not be limited to North America. Beyond that, it's short and to the point.

Capslock

You know what I didn't like about that one, Nep G?  Too many "ATIONS" for me.  
smile.gif
   "...ConservATION and PreservATION FoundATION..."  It all sounds too much alike for my taste although the concept is good.  I'd like something that rolls off the tongue a little less awkwardly.  I wouldn't want to see anyone make fun of it because of the "3 ations".

My 2 cents...maybe 1 1/2 cents.  
biggrin.gif

I know.
smile.gif
I was just sayin' thats why I didn't pick that one. Everyone has their reasons why they picked one and why they didn't pick others. That was my reason for not picking that one.

But Foundation is the only "ation" word in there.  
rock.gif
You must be reffering to Capslock post.

Ation phobia, very serious.

NAPPF, rah!

Egad, Copper!! NASC, please!! Good growing!!

You know, I didn't like all those 'ations, either, but I like the location names even less, in agreement with Capslock.  I know you don't want any suggestions, but...
tounge.gif
 Casper said something like that after the name is decided on it could be tweaked a little.  Like shortening it to Sarracenia Foundation or Sarracenia Conservancy or something like that.   *"please don't whip me" she screams, running from the room.*

PAK,
Now you've done it. You've gone from having a list of names that I didn't care for to one where they all are good
laugh.gif
. I think I'll use eenie, meenie, minie, moe to decide
tounge.gif
wink.gif
(j/k)

smile.gif

BCK

Ohhhhh...I see what you're saying Nep G. DUH! I guess my eyes looked up too far. My brain is fried...what can I say.
rock.gif
OK...your choice doesn't have too many "ations". lol
tounge.gif

Sorry Casper,your doing a great job!

Jerry

Maybe we should follow the lead of corporate America and come up with a newly minted word that means nothing and in no way lets anyone know what we do.  Maybe something with an "X".  They're cool.  Xolotl?  Better still, how about Exron?  We'd have political clout to die for.  But, without such choices being available, I voted for NASC
smile.gif

lol Bruce. SarraXenia Corporation?

What if there are two that you like?

Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation (SCPF)

I like that one the best... to the point without appearing exclusionary.
smile.gif

Steve

Wes, toss a coin?  You can only vote for one.
SarraXenia Corporation!!!  
rock.gif
  That's great!  
laugh.gif
  That's it, we need a new poll.  
   *I'm only kidding, I'm only kidding, I'm only kidding*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back