Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few more details/update on progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kindof curious about the current state of the NASC. I often hear "we're getting this project established via back-channels." Well I am quite eager to see this project finally be established and I wish someone would shed a little light on the progress of the NASC.

•How is everything coming along?
    -how close are we to... well... whatever we need to be close to? Is this a bonde fide conservancy yet? How is that going? Have there been any road bumps on the path to getting this project up and running?
    -what about membership and so on? How exactly may that work?
    -any prospective sites for housing the collection?
    -is there a mission statement? (a REAL mission statement... not rambling propaganda)
    -anyone developing a website?

-T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess I havn't been keeping everyon as informed as I should (read: not at all).

For this, I apologize. I have had a few little roadbumps in the game of life but do not fret, all is well again. Now on to your questions.

•How is everything coming along?

It is coming together slowly but surely. Right now, we are in need of funding to get the incorp. articles filed and overviewed by a lawyer. Bug has been gathering bog mapping projects for us and many others have been working hard.

-how close are we to... well... whatever we need to be close to? Is this a bonde fide conservancy yet?

Well, I would like to say yes, but in a "legal" standing the answer is no. We have not filed for incorporation or not for profit status as of yet. We are planning a few fundraisers that will hopefully start very soon that will kick that mule.

what about membership and so on? How exactly may that work?

Still undecided. That is one of the things we need to discuss.

-any prospective sites for housing the collection?

Yes, we will be posting a report on that in the near future.

-is there a mission statement? (a REAL mission statement... not rambling propaganda)

Yes there is, I would like to post it, perhaps at the end of today. I just need to make sure we have it as finalised as possible before making it public.

-anyone developing a website?
    Actually, Carl Mazur himself is making us a website. I think Noah was handling the re-routing or webspace stuff, I am not sure on that, but Carl is making our template and incorporating a few things into the site for us.

I think thats all of your questions, sorry if I missed one.

Casper

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For fund-raising, we are waiting on the auction. This has been on hold while Phil is making the server change. This change is, in part, being done to accommodate us for the auction software...so thank you Phil for all your work. Phil and Patrick have both been working on this (as you've all noticed the change in the forums). It takes a while to get all this done.

I am waiting to review the software so I can see how it will work and then I can formulate the rules and get the ads out.

Things seem to move at a snail's pace because everyone has other lives to live. Its not that anything is being forgotten but all the work must be interwoven between work, families, school and other "life stuff"...especially when the unexpected hits like illness or emergencies.

Once there is some money in the coffers, the legal papers can get done and we will be more "official" and can do more.

Fund-raising will need to be more than just this one auction. It needs to be an ongoing thing. So if anyone has any talent/experience in this or ideas for future projects, please post in the "I want to help" topic. Cole? Didn't you say you were good wringing money out of people?

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a helpful little update, thanks. I feel better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Things seem to move at a snail's pace because everyone has other lives to live. Its not that anything is being forgotten but all the work must be interwoven between work, families, school and other "life stuff"...especially when the unexpected hits like illness or emergencies.
    Oh, I totally understand that. I don't think any of us expected any of you to drop everything and orient your entire life around the NASC. Although it did not sound as though you felt as though my post had an impatient tone, I would like to clarify: I am not necessarily impatient, just curious.

Thanks for all the hard work, peoples
    -Trevor

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope...I didn't think you sounded impatient. Feel free to ask any questions you like. That's what this forum is here for. Its just hard to communicate amongst ourselves with just this venue and email. Sure would be nice if we all lived in the same city and had a big meeting room...with donuts, of course.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work Casper. It will take some time to do this right!

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who all is doing what on this project?
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little by little things are getting done. As slow as the process is, Casper is doing a great job, and is to be commended for his tireless efforts. We still need to get a few other legal pieces taken care of, and we will move on from there. One thing for sure, this isn't going to happen overnight, so a lot of patience will be required of all of us as the wheels turn, oh so slow. But turn they do. I hope to have more to tell you in another week or two, so keep an eye on this chat room for further updates down the road. There isn't a lot to tell this time except to say the legalities are being hammered out, and then we can make our next moves. Stand by as we get things taken care of one by one. When it is ready for member call, we will holler loud and long for you to come running!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast