What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooking up some ideas!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

Brian/Technoracer mentioned to me that NASC still needs a logo and maybe a catch phrase/tag line. Yup, that's true!

So...I was thinking it might generate some interest if we had a contest for each. We could get people to submit ideas and/or a sketch for a logo. Top 10 ideas could be put to a poll.

Same for a catch phrase or tag line.

People like contests and it would get people involved and draw interest.

I can create the logo (have all the professional tools) for reproduction.

What do you all think of this idea? Gimme feedback!

Suzanne

I like the idea. John thought I should draw a logo so I'll go do that...

well I'm done. Of course this looks really cool but maybe not the right "mood" when you invert the colors, but here it is.(I drew this on MS paint)
http://home.petflytrap.com/users/droseradude/logo3.bmp
sorry its a bmp image...
oh yeah, and did I do the right words? I thought it was U.S. National Sarracenia Collection but I heard it was North American Sarracenia Conservancy.

For the logo and slogan, there should be t-shirts and other items that advertise and raise money for NASC.

OK....you are now in charge of looking into cost of getting T-shirts and other items printed for NASC.
biggrin.gif

Here is my entry for a logo design!
smile.gif

(I have a larger verison too..this one is reduced)
Scot

NASC-logo-smaller.jpg

slogans..

Pitcher this.
Pitcher Perfect.
A Pitcher is worth a thousand words.
A Pitcher is worth a thousand Walmarts.

(just brainstorming here! I know these are a little lame ;)
(but they might trigger a better idea for someone else)

We can't picture a world without pitchers.
Picture a world of pitchers.

and I vote for this one!

A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine pitcher every day of his life,
in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful
which God has implanted in the human soul.
--Goethe
cool.gif

its an 'excellens'
Leucophylla X Minor

Hold on folks!!! This topic is to determine if we should HAVE a couple of contests. Need to know if there would be enough INTEREST in this to have it first.

Nice logo Scotty!

So don't y'all go revealing your ideas NOW!
smile.gif
I guess since this isn't getting any attention, I'll post something in the general forums and see how it flies.

And I'll PM some people since I have no idea who's looking at this post.

Thanks! Hold on to those ideas!

I'd be interested in both "contests".... specially so the logo one. Got an idea or two...

Ok...great.  I think I'll pose the question on the Gen. forum and see the response.  I think it would be fun.  
smile.gif

oh...BTW...if we do this, I'll be posting some things to think about as this logo would have to be "reproduceable" so there are some considerations to take into account there. You have to design with that in mind.

Uh...it would help if you spelled the words correctly. lol
tounge.gif

AND...I'm just getting an idea of INTEREST....you dont need to be posting logos NOW.
smile.gif
Youre going to give away your ideas.

da##it I forgot the c. oh well I'll fix it. and its NOT A FUZZY SARR PICTURE.
sad.gif
you are right. I AM a dummy
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
j/k
tounge.gif

You also left out the "e" in Sarracenia. hehe
tounge.gif

wow.gif
mad.gif
I must have been having a bad day. usually I'm good at spelling lol. I was probably still mad that my order didn't come, or about all the homework I had last week

Back