What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction results?!

I cant believe no one has posted anything about the auction since it ended.. over 2 weeks ago!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

(or is it being discussed on another forum and im just missing it?)

so hows the auction going now?
are people getting their plants?
how much money did we raise?!
etc etc..
smile.gif

Scot

I have been sending out my plants, and hope that the funds for them eventually make it to Casper. Things like this take time, and I imagine Casper has his hands full at present.

lol Scotty...where have you been?? It's been posted twice (in the General Forum) what the results were.
smile_n_32.gif

The total was slightly over $1,845! How 'bout that! We did good!

Casper has been VERY busy taking care of receiving payments and notifying people to ship. So please be patient about it...he has a demanding job as well.

And I still have items to ship out...I listed a lot so its taking me a while to get to it all (in case anyone who's waiting is reading this...
confused.gif
). I'm sending out a few things at a time. I'm paying the shipping so I can't do it all in one hunk I'm afraid.

I don't know how much money has actually come in. I am hoping everyone pays up. There are some bidders I haven't heard from yet.

Maybe Casper can let us know how the money flow is going.

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback about the auction. I'm hoping we can do it again sometime in the future...after we all recover from THIS auction.
biggrin.gif

So...bear this in mind when you are propagating plants/harvesting seed. Maybe set aside a couple for auction purposes in the future.

Retired PAKtioneer
biggrin.gif

I know I sent my payment and I got my Items. I'm a happy camper!
biggrin.gif

I never got a notification to ship,but I did anyway.I know the person sent the money,ain't that right Cynic81
smilie4.gif
lol

Jerry

I haven't recieved any shipment notification or money in the mail at all yet, rest assured, all is well. Est, Vertigo, and Scholaty, plants are happy and healthy, just waiting to go!
smile.gif

Be nice to know how things are going with payments and shipping. I have shipped 3 out of the 8 plants I am supposed to. Have not heard on the other 5 yet from Casper. I also paid for my winning item a few days after the auction ended and have not received any notification or item. I am hoping that Casper is just backlogged with notifying folks when they can ship...

Tony

I sent my payment out on the 27 of May (a Thursday). With the plants that I have received, I'm very happy with, I even managed to score a nice, large tank for free from my Bro's girlfriend. I still have a few packages on the way. The auction was a great idea, we got to fund an awesome organization, and get plants for it, I just hope that the next time around I'll have something to offer.

I sent out my payment late in the week the auction ended. I just got word from Tamlin (very grateful) that he has sent his plants to me. I have not received any notice that my payment was received so I don't know if Tamlin has received the shipping I owe him or if he just sent the plants because he too trusting. Either way thanks a bunch.

Ok folks, little update.

Firstly, I have NOT been notifying the people who paid that I actually recieved there payment, I am simply notifying the person that offered the item that you won that it was paid for. If you guys would like to forward that info to the payer than that would be great, but as it is, it takes me forever to PM just the people that held the auctions. Adding more work would only slow things down.

Secondly, I have processed all of the electrical payments, and over half of the snail mail payments, of which I am recieving more everyday.

No shipping payments have gone out yet, I am sorry, but that has been put on the backburner. I have prepared a dozen of them that will go out on monday. This was slowed up due to lack of info, people that are getting multiple shipping payments (waiting on them all to come in to send one payment, versues 6 )

All in all, I don't have a complete tally yet, I do know we are short about 800 bucks so far, (minus anything I recieved today) but worry not, everything is moving forward.

Thanks for the update Casper. Take your time with the shipping, I am in no rush. Enjoy the T.V.

Hmm, on a better thought Tamlin, maybe I should just put it into a fund and next year we can have one serious shin-dig for our dual B-day party?

Micro-brew and crawfish for all!

Casper

You know, I am hoping that next birthday I will be sitting on top of the world with my finances, and will come and suck crustaceans and beers with you anyways!  I think we would have a good birthday (if I can find a way for the plants to survive!)  That's the problem with having a large CP collection requiring meticulous attention.  I mean, it's not like having the neighbors drop by once every 2 weeks to water the plants.  Of course, if things don't pan out soon I probably won't have to worry about it since I can't run the lights another season on Valerie's income. it's not right.  The lawyer is in no hurry to do anything, even though all the hoops have been jumped, forms filed, etc.  Says he is "busy".
SO, maybe we'll be crying in the beer, but if I am going to be plantless and buckless, I might as well visit friends and have a good time of it!

Casper has notified me that he has squandered all of the money!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MAN! kidding of course!

I'm just wondering, what is all this money gna be used for? I'm sure some of it will never be used, so why not put it to good use? Send the extra to me!
smilie4.gif

Spec, I will be at the next BACPS meeting. I will be looking for you. Casper will send you no dollars, but I hope to give you some sense! You can spend that----- anywhere.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 19 2004,11:06)]Spec, I will be at the next BACPS meeting. I will be looking for you. Casper will send you no dollars, but I hope to give you some sense! You can spend that----- anywhere.
Uh oh.. Hope there won't be flying fists! *socking sounds*

Sorry couldn't resist. I'll let you punch me if you give me a few Sarracenia with rare location data.

Back