Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rallying the troops!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of response to this tread.....

1) I see no need for changes in the Mission Statement.

2) My vote goes to PAKs logo. After seeing the brochure, this logo really works.

3) What state? Who will collect the mail and forward to the proper recipient?
    Was the address used for setting up the nonprofit temporary? Will the Email correspond with the web site (ie. somebody @ nasc.com)? Will all the board members have an Email or will Email be sent to one address and forwarded as needed?

4) where's the ballot? We can't vote till we know who and what we are voting for.

5) $15- $20 sound fair to me. Gotta keep the moneys flowing.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if we really want things to get rolling lets just use PAK's logo for now and we can keep the contest rolling ang decide on a new one later if we want to. i would volenteer my self as an address headquarters but im a lil off the beaten path compared to some of the others and there are a few times of the year, most notably mid June through the end of August and again from october through the first week in December, where i can get REALLY busy and may not have time for it. as far as anything else just present it to us in poll form and we can vote unless you have a better idea. i really thought there would be more replies to this too. i really wish i could volenteer my services for printing up a bunch of these brochures but its not possible at the moment however if some one else wants to help out ill donate $15 twords printing costs at Kinkos or somewhere similar. im not sure what there charge is but full color aint cheap.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind paying an annual membership fee. I think it sounds like a great idea.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you guys....I think I'm going to go rattle some cages. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, right now we need committee members to make actual rules about how we will go about our business. Being the NASC is great, but right now we don't really know "how" to be the NASC. I have brought this up many times, but it seems to die out a little, as its the more "technical" side of it.

We need a real plan. How are we going to collect, and to what extent?

Who exactly is going to hold the "initial" collection?

How do we want to advertise?

What are the methods of collection, and transportation?

How about methods of propogation, and seperation of species?

This is just a sample of some of the stuff that we need ironed out. While a public discussion is great, we need a few people (chairpersons or something of the sort) to gather all the info.

I am sorry, I am a business man, there are much more qualified people than me to answer most of the above.

To answer a previous question in the thread: Right now the address on the application is my home address. In the future it can be changed to a P.O. box as seen fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as collecting is concerned, I think we should accept the ICPS' collection policy. I will try to get Carl Mazur to write those guidelines for us.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Casper...can I get that addy for the brochure? It can be changed at any time later on. Nothing is engraved in stone. And what should we do for an email addy? Would be nice to that on the brochure too. Since we have money now, would you like to get a Treasurer in place to handle funds so you don't have to do that too?

How about the web site...I believe Barry set one up for us. Do we need to appoint someone (one of our computer/web page savvy members) to be the web master and handle the content? Or even a couple of people so no one person has to do it all.

Bug...Brooks...anyone who has done collections and rescues...do you think it would be helpful to have a form to use to record permission for such activities? I can create one.

Advertising....I am working on that brochure. I thought that could be used any time someone is going to a CP meeting or having a booth at a plant sale or show to hand out to spread the word. Could also be mailed with any letters that need to be sent also as an explanation as to what NASC is and its purpose. How much would an ad cost to run in the ICPS for advertising?

I still think we need a pinned topic on how to pollinate and protect the flowers so everyone has a good handle on that for the future.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, the addy is the same as the one used for the auction.

Paul Luebbert
    2129 Empire Pl.
    Gretna La, 70056

It was actually Carl Mazur that was working on the web site for us. He enjoys doing that kind of work so he vol. to do it.

As far as a brochure, that would be great!

Something that bug and I where speaking about is making a posting of sort for people to bring with them while bogging. Something real simple that we could put in plastic covering to post on private property. Stating that if any development where to take place , please contact XXX so that we could save the plants. Sadly enough, developers could care less about the plants they are about to bulldoze, but if they see a sign of sort, they propably would drop a dime to look like the "good guy".

We have more than enough people here in the south to perform on short notice, and this is a very simple way to get awareness out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12