Since we now have some money in the coffers and Casper is working on the non-profit status, I think we need to some things "officialized" so we can...well...be official. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
These are just my thoughts but here's what I think we need to get going on:
1) Either accept (vote on?) our Mission Statement as "official" or make any modifications needed to get it official. This is so we can use it for promotion. We need this to show "purpose."
2) Get more submissions to the logo contest so we can get that decided. I'm temporarily using mine just because I have it available but it can easily be changed to another. I can produce various printed materials that we might need but can't do that without an "official" logo.
3) Get an address to use as "headquarters"...also for marketing materials. We also need an email address to use and get the web site set up with information so we can use that as well.
4) Get the board members decided on or voted in. So that also is "official."
5) Decide if we will have memberships to NASC which will require a fee (which would bring in more money) although I think the fee shouldn't be too high so anyone can join. Sometimes people value something more if they pay a little money. You have to pay to be a member of the ICPS so they have operating money.
Can anybody else think of issues we need to finalize in order to get going as a non-profit organization?
I don't want to see NASC languish into oblivion just because the initial fever of excitement is over or the auction is done.
This is a long term project which may not always be "exciting" but it can't fade out of people's memories. People who are committed to NASC's goals need to be checking this forum and participating in topics that are raised even if its rather sporadic. Gotta keep peeking in to know if there are issues at hand.
Soooooooo...what do y'all think??