What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call for nominations/volunteers

Absolutly that's kind of what I was thinking. You're main chairperson who would be involved in all the projects who can the pass it on to each individual PR AREA manager. With all of us limited on time we will really have to become good at networking, and communicating with each other. I couldn't make it to a BACPS meeting or a NECPS but know individuals who can. I news letter would be great for those who don't have internet access. We could probably even work in a segment for CP related meetings. I know when Mike gave his lecture last spring he was kind enough to inform the attendees of the NASC, and mention me as a contact for more info. Each area PR man could work their zones for awareness. Developing a standard multimedia presentation for those meeting would be a great asset also. * Lights go dim, voice comes from the t.v." It's the year 2015, do you know where you're plants are"* any ways just thinking aloud.

I would like to nominate PDX (Jeff), and flytraps2000 (Dean Cook) for Growers Commitee, and PR for the Pacific Northwest region. Accepted????

I also nominate Ozzy, and LauraZ5 for Conservation Chairperson(s).

I'll accept. I also want to nominate pyro for president, since Casper seem to be too busy right now.
I also have some plans in that I hope to kick off as soon as I move back to NC. Some of these plans, I feel can be a great benefit to the NASC. Some of my plans are to befriend farmers, construction companies, private land owners, ect. that have cp's on their property, or are about to develop land with cp's. I want to get permission to access their land, find cp's and make sure that they are not in any danger. If they are I want to get permission to move the plants to safer place on their property or relocate the plants to my property. Since I am in the construction business, I think I'll be able to monitor the construction in the area and I'll already have the trust of some of the companies.
I also plan to buy some property that either has cp's or is suitable for growing them. I will then collect seeds from local sites and grow them for the NASC. I will also use rescued plants. What better use can rescued plants serve?
Part two is education of the public of the treasure that they have growing all around them. I grew up there and I knew about vft's and other cp's, but I had no idea how to grow them or where to see them in the wild. Most of the people that live near cp's are totally ignorant about them. I hope to plant some seeds in the at least a few kids, so that there will be somebody to carry on our fight after we are gone. I plant to allow school 's to have field trips to the property that I'll use to grow the cp's and in class presentations. Even though I will be working with more than just Sarrs, I'm am willing to either work with the NASC or even be give the NASC total control. I also plan to do the same with local reptiles.

Growing stuff is my area.. Not sure how that helps but I can do something with that. I dont' have a ton of time to develop a position and figure out what I need to do. So if you can use me as a person that knows about growing and has a nursery and can tell me.. ok this is what you will do.. Then I can handle that. If it's just a matter of maintaining/propagating material or whatever. My space is a little limited now but expansion plans are in the works now.

Tony

Looks like you have another job, Tony! Very cool!

Hi all,
Since I have just moved into a house with a YARD, I can dedicate an area of said yard to growing/propagating NASC plants. I can germinate seeds and grow seedling all year, and I will now have space to plant yearlings outside until they are mature enough for re-introduction.

I will contact PDX and Dean, however, this is going to get very confusing again.  Could we do this through the email and meeting at first.  If there are too many different avenues we will not keep up with it and the whole thing may stall again.  We are grabbing at straws.  Personally I think it is best to have the basics set prior to getting everyone excited again, but this is only an opinion.

Ozzy and Tony, those are great ideas

I agree with Copper, just reading through this new part of the thread is very confusing. I think you should get who's in charge of what settled first (behind the forum scenes). Then have them ask for people to assist and help with the grunt work. What I'm getting from reading this is that a lot of people are volunteering for different positions, but there is no mechanism in place to finalize anything. I can foresee peoples excitement level dropping and having a dead thread again.

Back