Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nominations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd that the age requirements would be a problem. Also odd that all the protesters are under that age. If you do not want to be a member, then don't be one. Otherwise, Spec, like the rest of you, will have to follow the rules and wait until he is of age. I also have no doubt he is pushing you guys to pipe up for him. When he is old enough, let him run for a post. (A.E. Give me one name of an organization that is national and has board members under 18, and I will see if the age thing can be reconsidered.Otherwise, take care of your trade business, and quit complaining.)

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no discussion on this matter. The age requirement was voted on and passed, even with a vote of 'yes' from an under 18 individual. This is ended. We do wish everyones input, but if it makes for arguments that may end. This organization is already begining to be a tremendous amount of work and it is going to get far more so. We will have many legal requirements to fulfill. We will have lawsuits to avoid. We will have unbreakable policies. We will have to in order to survive. That is the facts.

On spec. I like him and he knows that, but the age requirement will not change. Also research is going to be one of the hardest working positions and the hardest to fill. Let him have time to get through school and be with his friends (internet and otherwise).

To age. Guys, stop the argument, you are only backing up our decision. When a vote is taken there is no further argument. That is the way it works. Also only a few things (dealing with the NASC) will be opened to discussion on this forum. Decisions will now be left up to the board, else we would never get anything done. If you want to nominate someone, do so quickly because the vote is tonight (edit - tomorrow, not tonight). They need to be over 18.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole project is not about age or officers. It is about saving the plants. THAT is the focus here! The very fact that some of you have brought up age and used it as a divisive argument only reinforces the reasons why kids aren't officers on the board of national non-profit organizations.

How about making some constructive suggestions instead of trying to create a problem where there should be none?

Yep...its frustrating when you're young and people seem to put you down because your "a kid." But we've ALL been there. All adults have paid their dues and been just where you are now. So its not like we don't understand the frustration. Unfortunately, it won't be until you get to be an adult that you'll understand why its that way. You can't see it now. But I promise you you will.

If you can't do something positive for this organization, then don't be a part of it. This is a HUGE and very serious undertaking that will take years and years to grow. We will gain members, we will lose members. So there is ample opportunity for lots of people to take part in many different ways.

Show your maturity by 1) typing and communicating like an educated human being 2) taking a role appropriate for your age today and learning as much as you can to prepare for larger roles tomorrow

There are many of you here that know I advocate for the kids any time I can. Unlike SOME people in the CP community, I think our younger members have great value and a lot to offer. You are the future for CPs! BUT...there are some things that will be beyond your scope until you are a little older.

I would suggest if anyone wishes to intelligently debate an issue, that you learn to use proper spelling and English. That goes a long way in being taken seriously.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah...the vote is TONITE? I thought the meeting was tomorrow nite.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack, I am always a day off it seems. Tomorrow is Friday isn't it, Duh. The vote is tomorrow.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 02 2004,9:00)]This whole project is not about age or officers. It is about saving the plants. THAT is the focus here! The very fact that some of you have brought up age and used it as a divisive argument only reinforces the reasons why kids aren't officers on the board of national non-profit organizations.

How about making some constructive suggestions instead of trying to create a problem where there should be none?

Yep...its frustrating when you're young and people seem to put you down because your "a kid." But we've ALL been there. All adults have paid their dues and been just where you are now. So its not like we don't understand the frustration. Unfortunately, it won't be until you get to be an adult that you'll understand why its that way. You can't see it now. But I promise you you will.

If you can't do something positive for this organization, then don't be a part of it. This is a HUGE and very serious undertaking that will take years and years to grow. We will gain members, we will lose members. So there is ample opportunity for lots of people to take part in many different ways.

Show your maturity by 1) typing and communicating like an educated human being 2) taking a role appropriate for your age today and learning as much as you can to prepare for larger roles tomorrow

There are many of you here that know I advocate for the kids any time I can. Unlike SOME people in the CP community, I think our younger members have great value and a lot to offer. You are the future for CPs! BUT...there are some things that will be beyond your scope until you are a little older.

I would suggest if anyone wishes to intelligently debate an issue, that you learn to use proper spelling and English. That goes a long way in being taken seriously.
    Lol.worse subject [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] Yeah you`ll be 18 soon enough(I need to get my drivers license yet.......) time passes by mighty quick! I mean it`s almost Christmass! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And besides on these forums we`re treated the same no matter our age So you have something to keep you going yet.....
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, Noah. Lots to keep you going, i.e., PLANTS!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast