What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations

• Thread starter Copper
  • Start date
Ack, I am always a day off it seems. Tomorrow is Friday isn't it, Duh. The vote is tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 02 2004,9:00)]This whole project is not about age or officers.  It is about saving the plants.  THAT is the focus here!  The very fact that some of you have brought up age and used it as a divisive argument only reinforces the reasons why kids aren't officers on the board of national non-profit organizations.

How about making some constructive suggestions instead of trying to create a problem where there should be none?

Yep...its frustrating when you're young and people seem to put you down because your "a kid."  But we've ALL been there.  All adults have paid their dues and been just where you are now.  So its not like we don't understand the frustration.  Unfortunately, it won't be until you get to be an adult that you'll understand why its that way.  You can't see it now.  But I promise you you will.

If you can't do something positive for this organization, then don't be a part of it.  This is a HUGE and very serious undertaking that will take years and years to grow.  We will gain members, we will lose members.  So there is ample opportunity for lots of people to take part in many different ways.

Show your maturity by 1) typing and communicating like an educated human being  2) taking a role appropriate for your age today and learning as much as you can to prepare for larger roles tomorrow

There are many of you here that know I advocate for the kids any time I can.  Unlike SOME people in the CP community, I think our younger members have great value and a lot to offer.  You are the future for CPs!  BUT...there are some things that will be beyond your scope until you are a little older.

I would suggest if anyone wishes to intelligently debate an issue, that you learn to use proper spelling and English.  That goes a long way in being taken seriously.
Lol.worse subject
smile_n_32.gif
Yeah you`ll be 18 soon enough(I need to get my drivers license yet.......) time passes by mighty quick! I mean it`s almost Christmass!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

And besides on these forums we`re treated the same no matter our age:) So you have something to keep you going yet.....

That's right, Noah. Lots to keep you going, i.e., PLANTS!

Noah, you crack me up! Almost christmas! NOOOO! I haven't started shopping yet!

I'm psyched for tomorrow's meeting! Can't wait to really get down to bid'nes!

Just to make sure everyone is clear on the times, its 7 p.m. Eastern time, 8 p.m. Central time and 9 p.m. West coast time. I hope that's right. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 02 2004,2:15)]Just to make sure everyone is clear on the times, its 7 p.m. Eastern time, 8 p.m. Central time and 9 p.m. West coast time.   I hope that's right.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Your times are screwed up. It would be 9pm eastern, 8pm central, 7pm mountain, 6 pm Pacific. Just thought I would let you know.
smile_m_32.gif

I Appreciate the nomination for board of research. I will say that yesterday I found out that I'm losing mY east plant tech. So esentially my work load will increase by 50% at least. For the time being I'm using my work computer, and do not have one at the house. I can probably make the meeting tomarrow though. I say this because I also have a second job, my band, and this will provide me the opportunity to netwok with people. I voluntereed for something concerning PR because I will be doing this anyways. Both for the NASC and 'DEVICE' (the band), and hopefully at the same time. I imagin many people who like our style of music enjoy growing plants, and are probably already good at it. My hopes is that I can turn them on to something interesting and LEGAL  
biggrin.gif
 All that to say I'm just not sure how much time I will be able to dedicate to research at the moment. It's ok if I don't serve on the board. I just want to help in the most effective way possible. With this new work situation I don't want to commit to something that important that I can't accomplish. Until I have a better idea of my new situation I must respcetfully decline. I would be able to help anyway needed with PR be it on the board or directed by the board. I will not be home much after the holidays because I will be meeting, and networking with as many new people as I can reach. Thanks for you're trust and consideration. GROW NASC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 02 2004,8:54)]Odd that the age requirements would be a problem. Also odd that all the protesters are under that age. If you do not want to be a member, then don't be one. Otherwise, Spec, like the rest of you, will have to follow the rules and wait until he is of age. I also have no doubt he is pushing you guys to pipe up for him. When he is old enough, let him run for a post. (A.E. Give me one name of an organization that is national and has board members under 18, and I will see if the age thing can be reconsidered.Otherwise, take care of your trade business, and quit complaining.)
Nice personal stab at me. Mind your business, that doesn't concern you. I seemed to have missed the public vote you guys held on age requierment.
confused.gif

I don't see the problem really. As long as you don't have to be 18 to be a member there shouldn't be THAT big of a problem.

If you want to take it personally, knock yourself out. As far as a vote, the board did the voting, and I was not included in that myself. As long as the NASC can get through its birthing, and start out, nothing else matters. The plants are at stake, and not our personal insecurities, or wants. I am concentrating on that, and the boards recommendations so we can move on, and maybe grow up and maybe become what we hope to be. If you chose to sit around and be angry, so be it. Like I said before, mind your own stuff, and let us build our Conservancy, or, put your anger behind you, and help us build it. Your choice.

BTW, A.E., There was no personal stab at you. If something said inflamed you, then it is on your end, not here.

Now look here... lets say there's a 40 year old guy with an IQ of 69 (kind of like in Flowers for Algernon) who grows cps, and there's a 10 year old kid with an IQ of 124 (which is very possible, and there are a lot of people like that)... now it doesn't really matter how old you are long as you're capable eh?
An I dun remember spec "harrassing" other members... plus if he's such the kid you make him out as... would you really care being harrassed by a little boy?
People shouldn't be limited to making a difference in the world, their age is irrelevant. Now their talent and mental skill is relevant, and most of the people who know John will agree he has no lack in that area. Since he's aiming for researcher... being young can have an advantage. He's homeschooled so he has a lot of free time on his hands...free time for researching. While as, other people who have full time jobs may jus be stayin up till round 3:00, half asleep and can't remember how to spell sarracenia let alone research them...
Thank you have a nice day full of wonderful luck and happy encounters
Matt

I don't want to hear about IQ's or age or Spec or any other nonsense.  Next person that brings up off topic stuff will get a warning.  This age issue is CLOSED. If you have a valid nomination only, then post below.

Anyone planning on attending the meeting please read my last post on "meeting times'.

Back