User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Vote on the nasc logo! - Let's hear from the public!

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • eplants02

1 1.69%
  • Divaskid

4 6.78%
  • Scottychaos

4 6.78%
  • PlantAKiss

28 47.46%
  • Lithopsman

1 1.69%
  • Divaskid #2

1 1.69%
  • Nflytrap

1 1.69%
  • Ptfreelander

1 1.69%
  • Carnivorkid

0 0%
  • Noah

18 30.51%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VOTE on the NASC Logo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have liked to have had my logo(s) up, but the server I was hosting them on is no longer available. Does anyone have a little space? I really like Noah's hands, and maybe the leuco from my logo would look good with the hands...

Patrick.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy to upload your logo Patrick. PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to vote on one logo, as is, it is PAK's logo.

I like the coloration, font, silhouetted imagery, and ESPECIALLY, the four corners of conservation and the slogan at the bottom.

But Noah's protective hands cupping the Sarracenia adds a muted sense of... I don't know... Urgency? Humanity? Whatever it is, it speaks to me at a gut level, with great force and grace.

Finally, divaskid's pentagonal logo provided a means to join PAK's and Noah's logos together.

Replace divaskid's center graphic with Noah's protective hands, add PAK, slogan to the bottom, and the four words around the remaining sides, along with PAK's color scheme and fonts, and you have a winner!

Anybody with photoshop skills care to take a stab at combining the logos to see how it looks?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 21 2005,1:15)]If I had to vote on one logo, as is, it is PAK's logo.

I like the coloration, font, silhouetted imagery, and ESPECIALLY, the four corners of conservation and the slogan at the bottom.

But Noah's protective hands cupping the Sarracenia adds a muted sense of... I don't know... Urgency? Humanity? Whatever it is, it speaks to me at a gut level, with great force and grace.

Finally, divaskid's pentagonal logo provided a means to join PAK's and Noah's logos together.

Replace divaskid's center graphic with Noah's protective hands, add PAK, slogan to the bottom, and the four words around the remaining sides, along with PAK's color scheme and fonts, and you have a winner!

Anybody with photoshop skills care to take a stab at combining the logos to see how it looks?
    I have photoshop CS vs 8.. I'll see what I can do [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, since Spec has been banned again,
    I will do it!
    look for the photoshopped logo tomorrow..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 21 2005,10:15)]If I had to vote on one logo, as is, it is PAK's logo.

Ok Scott,
    here is the logo you asked for! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/scottychaos/nasclogo-combined.jpg[/img]
    (the combined logo, elements of 3 different logos
    the lettering isnt quite perfect, the arcs are slightly off in places, but its close enough to get the general idea..)

its nice, but I have to say I still like PAKs better..
    PAK's is simpler and more refined..more "professional" looking IMO..
    and why are we still debating what logo to use anyway? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    didnt we vote?
    wasnt there a landslide victory?
    why isnt the choice clear??

but I guess if we want to refine logos some more thats fine too!
    I do like noah's hands design..hmmm..
    but when and how do we make a real decision then??

(pak's original logo)

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 23 2005,9:24)]Ok Scott,
    here is the logo you asked for! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/scottychaos/nasclogo-combined.jpg[/img]

its nice, but I have to say I still like PAKs better..
    PAK's is simpler and more refined..more "professional" looking
    That does look nice. Thanks. But seeing it side-by-side with PAK's I am forced to agree with you... PAK's is simpler and more professional looking.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like PAKs and Diva #2. I agree the combined looks like too much goin on.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast