What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOTE on the NASC Logo!

Vote on the nasc logo! - Let's hear from the public!

• eplants02

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Divaskid

• Scottychaos

• PlantAKiss

• Lithopsman

• Divaskid #2

• Nflytrap

• Ptfreelander

• Carnivorkid

• Noah

• Total voters

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi Folks

As NASC begins to gear up and starts to get more formalized in its officers and departments, we figured its time to finalize a logo.

I have gone through the logo contest thread and I have extracted the members who made submissions.  We have room on the poll for only 10 entries so we must limit it to that.  A couple of people have removed their images or something as they didn't show up.  So...I left those out.  Also some people posted some rather nebulous ideas but not a real "logo".  I did the best I could with this, so don't get riled if something got left out.

Also I want to make this clear that any winning logo will be subject to recreation for the purpose of reproduction.  There may also be some "tweaking" so it may not remain EXACTLY the same.  We must get this logo to a state where its affordably reproduceable.  So please bear this in mind.  We are voting on general concept and look.

Thanks to all of you who participated in this. Sorry its dragged out for so long but this is a slow process to get an organization going.  We certainly appreciate all your interest and participation!

I hate to do this but since the logos are spread out along a 7-page thread, please click this link to review the entries.  Write down the name of the member who's logo you think fits the organization the best.  Then vote in the poll.  We will leave this poll up for several days.

The Logo topic is here:
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=12587

Oh...and Casper said something about winning a plant. I don't know where we are with that, but I'm sure we can come up with something nice for the winner of the contest.
smile.gif

Personally, I'd like to see a bouquet that was in color, containing contrasting pitcher plants, like purpurea, leucophylla, and minor and then have the good hands of Noah's logo.

I think PlantAKiss' is perfect. The only improvement in my mind would be to use either actual photos of the plants or really, really good drawings in place of the silouhettes. It's still perfect though. The four words around the diamond are what is needed in whatever logo is ultimately chosen.

I voted for Divaskid. I thought some of the those are very nice but the writing may be difficult to read for some people or to busy. If you know what I mean?

Here are all the logos in one post, so you dont have to go through 8 pages to find them all! (like I did!)

eplants02
126-2616_IMG.JPG

Divaskid
cplogo2.jpg

Scottychaos
NASCsmall-800.jpg

PlantAKiss
NASClogo1.jpg

Lithopsman
logo2.jpg

Divaskid #2
logo2.jpg

Nflytrap
Nasc1.jpg

Carnivorkid
nasc.jpg

Noah
NASClogo2sized.JPG

Ptfreelander's submission si no longer there..He/she must have deleted it..
let me know if any of these are wrong, and I will edit the post..
Scot

Hi PlantAKiss, I went to go look at who was out front in the contest and now I can't place a vote?  What did I do wrong as I would like to place a vote.  Must I now do that through you?  Please advise.  Thanks, Laura

Laura I did this on the first poll I voted in if you peak @ the votes beforehand it nulls you're vote.

I am not going to cast a vote because I can not decide between 3 of them. FWIW though I think that the DivasKid pentagonal logo with PAKs words around the outside (and 5 sides makes it easy to line up the five "slogans") with Noah's hands inside cupping a group of varied pitchers (minor, leuco, flava, purp, psitt...)

I like that idea

WHAT!!!! Two possible winners?????

I like PAK's logo all in all.  But, if we molded two together I would put a silhouette of hands cupping the sarrs in PAK's design.  Very well done, PAK!  

I really liked everyones admissions as well!  
biggrin.gif

I'm for Noah's hands. I guess I am stiffed out of voting though for taking a peek. I was thinking I would get to see all the designs next to the people's names. Guess I screwed up. Oops!

Any other votes?? This vote will be closed before too long, so get on it!! Which logo(s) do you like??

Laura, its fine by me if you want to cast your vote here in the thread. We can just add it in at the end. Of course it won't be anonymous.

And like I said, we can always tweak the winner or combine the top two or something like that. Nothing is engraved in stone and we want to get the best possible one.

There are really some excellent choices here!! I am truly impressed! It's going to be hard to choose a favorite. We certainly have some talented members
biggrin.gif

I like the hands, but feel that a more realistic looking sarr(I say a leucophylla) would be a finishing touch.

I would have liked to have had my logo(s) up, but the server I was hosting them on is no longer available. Does anyone have a little space? I really like Noah's hands, and maybe the leuco from my logo would look good with the hands...

Patrick.

I'd be happy to upload your logo Patrick. PM me.

If I had to vote on one logo, as is, it is PAK's logo.

I like the coloration, font, silhouetted imagery, and ESPECIALLY, the four corners of conservation and the slogan at the bottom.

But Noah's protective hands cupping the Sarracenia adds a muted sense of... I don't know... Urgency?  Humanity?  Whatever it is, it speaks to me at a gut level, with great force and grace.

Finally, divaskid's pentagonal logo provided a means to join PAK's and Noah's logos together.

Replace divaskid's center graphic with Noah's protective hands, add PAK, slogan to the bottom, and the four words around the remaining sides, along with PAK's color scheme and fonts, and you have a winner!

Anybody with photoshop skills care to take a stab at combining the logos to see how it looks?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 21 2005,1:15)]If I had to vote on one logo, as is, it is PAK's logo.

I like the coloration, font, silhouetted imagery, and ESPECIALLY, the four corners of conservation and the slogan at the bottom.

But Noah's protective hands cupping the Sarracenia adds a muted sense of... I don't know... Urgency?  Humanity?  Whatever it is, it speaks to me at a gut level, with great force and grace.

Finally, divaskid's pentagonal logo provided a means to join PAK's and Noah's logos together.

Replace divaskid's center graphic with Noah's protective hands, add PAK, slogan to the bottom, and the four words around the remaining sides, along with PAK's color scheme and fonts, and you have a winner!

Anybody with photoshop skills care to take a stab at combining the logos to see how it looks?
I have photoshop CS vs 8.. I'll see what I can do
smile_m_32.gif

Back