Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave (schloaty) and I (if I recall correctly) will be working on a spreadsheet to track who is growing what. Once we get that set up it is important to get your information into the system AND to keep it updated.

Tony

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,
    sounds good! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    good plan.
    yes, there is no reason we cant just organise things ourselves, regardless of what botanical gardens or societies want or dont want to help out..
    and, as we get this society rolling, im sure more groups (like the ABG for instance) will take notice and take us more seriously once they see there is *reason* to take us seriously!
    I think we have to get this society rolling ourselves first, then the rest of the world will take notice once we are up and running..
    Scot

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just getting started with Sarracenia myself, I already have 1 well established location plant (S.flava from somehwere's but I can't recall where I put the specifics right now, it's gotta be almost 10 years old and should flower this season from what I understand)

I,too, will try my darndest to help spread the stuff I am currently working on, 3 specific location species and 1 more generalized one

I am onboard, for what it's worth
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure if you contacted jeremiah the CCPS would be willing to help
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats sad that ABG and others will not help us.I have given away a lot of S.minor Long Co.Ga. and S.minor Wayne Co.Ga. divisions and I will continue to do so!

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad that so many want to help, but even with help there must be rules. This is the main one - The information on the plants must be a sure thing. There must be collection data. Where is it from, what exact loction? What plant is it - for sure? There must be no question.

We will be glad to take the plants and seeds, but for now just let us know what you have and we will contact you. David and Tony are busy on the data base. Once that is going we can keep track of all the plants. Bugweed is right, it is up to us so we need to get moving. Information is a key ingredient to the success of this organization. Let's get it and get moving.

Right now we need to know who has what. Even if you do not plan on giving material to the NASC right now, at least let us know what is still out there and in existance. Please contact myself or PAK with the needed information. Some of you have some connections. Use them and find out what other growers have.

We still also need regulations of each state if you could please contact your state agencies. I have already tired to do this last year and most did not believe what I was telling them. You try. Tell them you live in the state and you are part of an organiztation that is trying to save endangered plant species. Tell them that we are legitimate and that we wish to do things right. To stay with in the law we must know the law.

Thanks. I will add tomorrow.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 27 2005,5:02)]ABG probably would not allow us to grow ESA listed plants for them. Their concern, as I understand it, is their concerns over "backyard growers". They seem to think we can't do what we do because we are independant, and not a Botanical Garden.
    So, the solution is clear:

Poach from the ABG!

(kidding...)

(disclaimer above added for the sake of impressionable children and stuffed shirts)

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuffed shirts are a dime a dozen in this field these days. We need, as Copper said, hard info on these plants. Generalized plants are no good. We cannot use that kind on non-info.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast