Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any construction sites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pick you 0zzy. Us chopped livers need to stick together.

If you come by me, I'll give you the directions to Volo Bog and you and my husband can go together because he's never been there before. While you two are off bogging, me and your wife can go shopping at Gurnee Mills. Women can do considerable damage at Gurnee Mills.

No worry about kids for our trips as Bugs offered to abuse mine for a day in another thread so so we can just dump them on him.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOO, There is no way I'm letting my credit cards go to the mall with you and my wife. I wouldn't even be able to buy gas to get back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoil Sport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've invited you guys, I just didn't think you could make it
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ May 29 2005,12:05)]I'm not upset that you guys don't trust me, it's more that you are accusing me of trying to poach

Quote[/b] ]This sounds like a wonderfull poaching expidition, please tell me this is not the case!
    Kirk, I am certain your intentions are noble, and there is a great deal you can do to help in CP conservation, if you are careful about it.

I would say that the best thing you could do if you discover a CP site that appears to be endangered is to alert the forum of it.

If somebody with more field experience is able to determine whether the site IS truly in danger, and can get the owners' permission and make the expedition to salvage some plants, I expect they would let you know, so you can join them and assist in the rescue.

I am 35, and I would not dream of doing such a thing purely on my own.

Unless somebody more experienced advises otherwise, I would not recommend you approach the construction crew or owners. If it is approached the wrong way the first time, they may be very disinclined to allow us to rescue plants in the future. Just write down the address/location, take some pictures, and send the info on here.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some very good advice Scott.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you never know what will set them off. It's always a gamble. As long as you are nice they are usually okay but if other people have asked they may be p***** off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Yes you never know what will set them off. It's always a gamble.
    Wow Tre, sounds as if you have some experience here. Yes, wives deprived of access to their husband's credit cards can get rather grumpy.

Oh, was that not what you were referring to? Seriously, I believe we should all leave initiation of contact regarding any site to people in positions of authority at the NASC. Naturally, no one can stop anyone from initiating contact on their own however I would hope that one would not be tossing out any affiliation as a volunteer with the NASC as a form of "credentials" to better their odds of gaining access to a site. The NASC, although not up and fully functional yet, has people who are well qualified to take appropriate action if contacted and provided with the opportunity to do so on behalf of the NASC.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast