0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virgina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, I thought I had a lot of plants! WOW!
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Botanique is in Va near Charlottesville. They are not open to the public so I've never been there but a lot of my Sarracenia are from them as they have supplied a local greenhouse here with most of their bog/water plants.

I could contact them...perhaps send them a brochure if you all want me to.

It would be great to have them behind us.

Thanks for the tip Barry. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, would you please do exactly that?????? Let's move on this. Rob would be an incredible asset.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okey dokey....I'll see if I can draft a letter this week at work. I guess they have their addy on their website. I've talked to someone from there but can't remember his name. They have on occasion shown up at the spring plant sale at the Botanical Garden here. They didn't come this year unfortunately and maybe that's why. I guess this will mean no more Sarracenia at The Greenhouse. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] There goes my source.

Actually the last time they were at the plant sale, I was going to buy a very stunning Sarracenia in flower but after telling me the plant was for sale, they then said they wouldn't sell it until after 3 p.m. as they were using it for display. I couldn't come back to the sale again at that time so I couldn't buy it after all. I was rather peeved. They shouldnt say its for sale until its actually up for sale. But I won't mention that in my letter. hehe [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be awesome! I think this would open up a lot of possibilities for NASC.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just saw this thread. Rob is absolutley an awesome guy. I love the plants I have received from him and I am particularly enamored with the 'White Sparkler' I just received a few days ago. I am saddened to hear that all is not well for Botanique. Can we please discuss contacting Botanique at the next NASC meeting as suggested by 0zzy before initiating any contact or am I too late? I'm thinking the NASC needs to be a little bit more up on its feet before brochures and such are sent out to anyone. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura, Check out his "Red Sumatra". One fine red moorei!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast