Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Orchid pic's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ehh w /e hear we go

First ever Orchid.. Phal something and other to hard to tell. its on its second flush of Flowers...

Will this continue to grow into a new flower stem? (this is an old break from wheni saved it from certain death... by me or the store.. so i gave it a shot)

Bordom! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_o_32.gif[/img]
    cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll grow and people who have great growing conditions can keep those things in bloom or about to bloom almost all the time. I do better by allowing a Phal to bloom and fade in time for a full summer of growth before starting the next spike in the fall. Trying to squeeze a re-bloom out of a plant seems to take a lot out of a plant. Those later blooms aren't so long-lasting in the hotter weather of summer anyway. Your mileage may vary.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm i didnt know that ill rember that for those long winter days when i need flower color(cause ill have pleanty during the summer), well acutaly not much color thatn what i see in the back yards with my dogs... (no red though! lol)

lol
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long do the flowers last? I have one just like that and those flowers have been there for what seems like forever.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Phals with big white flowers can keep their bloom for months. I've given all mine away, but they always started blooming mid-winter and would still be in bloom when I put the plants out for the summer. The wet, humid weather always killed the flowers pretty quickly, but also kicked the plants' growth into overdrive.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had mine in bloom for about three months now, and it still has five flowers out of seven!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has 3 out of 5 blooms and has several more on the way STill.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is my orchid i saved it from meijer's! its a phal. hybrid and i think i know what it is. they call it Phal. 'Golden Treasure'

heres the flower

i have a question. if anybody has had experience with air-layering orchids please PM me. its what i get when i get sumthing nice.....my grandparents(both sides) want one to!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast