What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW US YOUR ORCHIDS/FLOWERS!

I just have one. I think they are pretty cool. Sometimes I just turn it on to glance at every now and again.

a Pleurothallis species(its down stairs..........i need to start making lists)
Untitled-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, I have that same NoID and I think it's a Dendrobium 'Zeschia Lynn' on this website.

-Ben

Thanks Ben! *But unfortunately I do not feel comfortable IDing NoID orchids. *Because if I am not mistaken Dendrobium kingianum looks similar to this too. *Did you see the two different Hybrids I have pictured look strikingly similar, yet they are different hybrids. In person they look almost identical. *One is LC love fantisy and the other is Something Aloha case hawiian style. *In the orchid world there are too many hybrids that look alike for me to feel comforatable putting an ID on a hybrid plant. *Call me funny. *Oh I also have about 5 different plants with white flowers and yellow lips. *So I like to error on the side of caution and leave them NoID.

Rattler I like that little pluro. *Do you grow it cool? *I think most pluros don;t like it too warm. *I would probably cook it in my GH during the summer.

it was in my dart tank, twords the top............suppose its close to 90 during the day due to heat from the lights and around 70ish at night.

Hmmm then maybe I could grow it. Ya taking devisions?

would be a pain to divide right now, maybe in the spring

Looks like rattler is holding a Pleurothallis brighamii. Here is a couple shot of my P. brighamii.
image4-3.jpg

image6-2.jpg

Brassvola nodosa
image44.jpg

And the tiny flowers of Platystele stenostachya
image15.jpg

image3.jpg

Chris

Pleurothallis quadrifida
IMG_0266.jpg

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a BORG hybrid I got for half off and nursed back to health.

DSC01127.jpg

OH MY GOD! I HATE MACROS!

Looks like an Odontoglossum(sp) hybrid. *Treat it like an Oncidium. *It looks good

It might be a Colmanara. *Although they are called adontoglosms now too I think. *It might be an all red form of wildcatt

I looks good though

Get a tripod and your macros will look better.

Looks like an all red Oncidium Sharry Baby.

image27eh5.jpg

Oncidium Sharry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance' AM/AOS

Does it smell like chocolate Clint?  Sherry baby is known for its chocolate smell.

Voodoo  It just looks like an oncidium alliance to me.  Sherry baby looks like just about all the other dancing lady type orchids.

Come to think of it though Wildcatt is a little more rounder and fuller.

I went and found a picture.
Well it is definately not a wildcatt even the all red form.  Here is my Wildcatt and the shape is all wrong.
173607038RL561368383.jpg

Yep. chocolate.

Sweet.

Then it might verywell be an all red Oncid sherry baby

If you want the names just ask.

173892531O310861436.jpg

173892538O936086924.jpg

173892637O113923050.jpg

173892666O156005099.jpg

173891360O244403893.jpg

173891431O776713263.jpg

Very nice. The white one (3 and 4) reminds me of the alien for independance day.

Encyclia cocliata alba

Back