Informational! Informational!:  6
Likes Likes:  34
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOW US YOUR ORCHIDS/FLOWERS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice shot indeed Randall! Makes me wonder why i havent gotten one of those in my collection yet! hahaha.

@goods: gotta love the telipogoniflora. mine is working on a flower right now. will have to share that later!
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words, as you know taking a good photo can take a lot of work.

I would definitely recommend Pleurothallis allenii for terrarium life, the plant I have was taken from a keiki and shoved into my junk tank on the back side of a piece of driftwood, I forgot about it for years until I started seeing flowers. Once I looked back there the number of missed flowers was shocking. It had been flowering behind that piece of driftwood and I never knew it. Clearly it can be a low maintenance/low light orchid.

I love the Lep. telipogoniflora, stop posting those! I really love them and might have a grow area they will live in now! I don't need more plants right now.

Another one from the tiny collection. I had to get the tripod and remote out for this one. Toothpick included for size reference. Its not completely open yet but close enough for a photo.

Microsaccus griffithii

Microsaccus griffithii by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Next up

DSC_0998 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A charming tiny Pleurothallis species (unidentified) I got from my friend Helene (Briggs Hill Orchids, now retired) years ago:
    [IMG]http://**************************************/2014/01/pleurothallis-sp.jpg[/IMG]

The individual blooms are about 1/2" tall, on a scape no more than four inches long!

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, gents. Randall, in your last pic, what is the one on the stick that is cascading?
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsEye View Post
    Very nice, gents. Randall, in your last pic, what is the one on the stick that is cascading?
    looks like a trichosalpinx sp. if i had to guess, chamelepanthes
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    looks like a trichosalpinx sp. if i had to guess, chamelepanthes
    Good guess, its the yellow flower version.

Very nice Pleurothallis sp. Whimgrinder, if you ever end up with enough to trade let me know. Or if you figure out the rest of its identity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Good guess, its the yellow flower version.

Very nice Pleurothallis sp. Whimgrinder, if you ever end up with enough to trade let me know. Or if you figure out the rest of its identity.
    I'm sure I could get a division off the plant without too much trouble. Its in full tilt bloom right now, so I would wait a couple of weeks to take a piece off it. It has about 20 spikes, with approx 15 blooms on each! As to its identity, I quit researching it a couple of years ago, when nobody could suggest an ID. Many said "It looks a lot like so-and-so, but it isn't" and that's as far as things went.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iding an orchid is a nightmare when it comes to the smaller ones. I'd love to see a full plant shot, that many blooms must look really nice.