What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THEY CAME THEY CAME!

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I'm so excited! I pollinated my Gongora tricolor "Live oak" last year and sent the seed to Troy. They just arrived today! My first batch of baby baby plants! I'm so excited! and it looks to be a little more than 25 plants too WOO HOO I'm almost scared to touch them and take them out of the bag.

Gongora%20seedlings_635x480.jpg

yay! Gongora is a neat looking orchid.
alex

needs more salad dressing...

J/K

The flowers are interestingly shaped. They remind me of a hummingbird.

Congratulations, these must be the jewels we spoke of in our phone conversation? I would love to see the flowers of this species if you have any photos you can post.

Also, if you could PM me the names of those smaller growing plants I would appreciate it. My terrarium is lookng good again and a couple orchids would be sure look better. I might even start a dedicated orchid terrarium if I can get started out right. I have always sighed for them, but my successes did not outweigh my failures with these plants. You're my guru!

Pleurothallis are a diverse and highly collectable genus not to mention easy to find, ive got 3 species at the moment, the largest has leaves 5 inches tall, the other two have leaves about an inch and a half or so tall

whoa, who is this troy guy, does he do this for a charge just wondering, i've always wanted to try out orchid seedlings

Troy Meyers of Meyere conservatory will flask your seeds for free and send you one of the reflasks back for postage IF it is a species orchid. He will do hybreds for a price. You will have to go to his site for that info. With species orchid seed he keeps the remaining plants after your reflask that he sells. So he is not doing it totaly for free.

Tamlin I will post some pictures of my tricolor for you after I get home. I will also PM you with some orchids I know stay small.

Orchid species photo encyclopedia

This is also a good site for pictures of orchids and size info. Along with light and temp requirments. Some of the pictures stink, but alot are pretty good. I still like looking ar indeviduals pictures better, but in a pinch this does the trick too.

Back