What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulbophyllum rothschildianum

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
176196432O896268696.jpg

176196441O335536030.jpg

176196435O022578012.jpg

176196485O379275021.jpg

First time bloomer!

This is a Bulbo
rock.gif
Labeled as Bulbophyllum rothschildianum. So far I detect no foul odor coming from the flower, like most Bulbophyllum are known for. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great flower! I'll end up getting a Bulbophyllum one of these days. The flowers on those are so strange-looking.

Didn't you send me one of those?

Maybe mine will flower soon!

Nope I only have one of these Clint. My other seedlings are no where near flowering yet. Keep growing it though. I am not sure how big they need to be to bloom, and I cannot remember the species I sent you.

Man that flower is awesome.. I love Bulbophyllum because they look like they came from hell
biggrin.gif

cool pics!

I like the little hairy projections

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Man that flower is awesome.. I love Bulbophyllum because they look like they came from hell
biggrin.gif

as for that, well I have to disaggree

I like them because they are strange. I posted this over at the orchid source and some of them think it might not be a true B. rothschildianum, but I like her anyway. I do want to find a true one though. If this turns out to not hold true to the name. It does seem to look like the one on orchidspecies.com though.

Did the geniuses at OSF say what was wrong with it? *I think it looks close enough to every photo I've seen of the species. *My Bulbophyllum blumei is in bloom now, but I've never mastered that photo posting thing. *So you'll have to see orchidspecies.com's version. *It's my favorite Bulbophyllum, maybe because it doesn't threaten eternal darnation.

Something about the flower count and not sure what else was wrong with it.

Here is the link to the thread over there. bulbo thread They seem to think it is a Mastigion hybred.

I thought that might be where they were headed, but I think Mastigion get single flowers. Mastigion were only separated from the Bulbophyllum very recently, so they aren't very different anyway. But flower counts are deceptive and the struggling pinwheel orchids I've grown never got more than a few blooms at a time.

Well I believe it is just because it is a first time bloomer. He used the reference of Bulbophyllum medusae, but that is a givverent plant. I have had MANY plants first time bloom with a single flower then the next bloom they have multiples. I duno I will reply more later it is bed time again now.

Back