Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mushy leaf

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Xvart it does sound like you had a case of blackrot ot something. Happenes sometimes. I have had it on a few leaves before. Not sure what causes it. I haven;t had to deal with it in a while though. You can water the plant with hydrogen peroxide to help disinfect it. It is not going to hurt the plant. Cutting the leaf off is good too. Just watch it and make sure it doesnl;t get to the crown. Pictures do help to if you can.
    Thanks, Josh. I was wondering if you were going to see this. lol. My camera is busted and I was going to borrow one, but by the time I got around to getting the camera I had already cut the leaf back halfway. Boy did it drain a lot of fluid, though.

I was thinking it was overwatering because when I got it was close to bone dry, so the first time (and only time at that point) I watered it i tried to get as much as the media wet as possible so I gave it a good soaking to get all the orchid moss a little damp. I should have also moved the pot around more to allow it to drain better. It seems to be doing fine still, nothing near the crown, but I'll just wait and see. Thanks for your help.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, I'm just lazy.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I finally got my grubby hands on a camera, so here is a picture of the cut leaf. Better late than never, I suppose. Although it would have been great to get a picture of the leaf leaking fluid when I poked a hole in it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12