Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Burana?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burana?

So I was at Whole Foods and saw a table of orchids *which is my downfall...tables of plants* and saw this beauty! Im not sure if it is what it says it is...a "Burana"....

It came with a clay pot so thats nice and Ive got some mix to replant it with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pot. = Potinara, which is a complex intergeneric hybrid of Brassavola x Cattleya x Laelia x Sophronitis. Orchids are awfully promiscuous.

Burana _____ (I can't read the last word on the label) is just a name someone gave a particular hybrid. I may or may not be a registered name.

By the way, I think just about everyone would refer to it as a Catt hybrid, since all those genera are part of the broad group closely related to Cattleya.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce is right. I would say a cattleya alliance hybrid. Mind you, once the parents of the plant is unknown you are for sure never going to get a true ID for the plant. With orchids being so intercrossed there are MANY different hybrids that look similar. Nice little plant though. Grow it out and it will look nice. Many are reliable bloomers and stay compact if it is pot hybrid.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh, assuming the label wasn't switched, he does have the name - Pot. Burana ______. Maybe the word I can't read on the label is Beauty, because this came up when I googled Pot. Burana:

Pot. 'Burana Beauty'

Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he may have gotten lucky. It happens sometimes. Also he had a clue with his orriginal tag.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THe tag does say "Burana Beauty" Ill go get it and put the rest down here...its got some other letters and such on the lower line on the tag.

Thanks for your help, again...I just wanted to make sure it was what it said after my last orchids being something other than what the tag said.

I was looking at the reciept, I didnt know how much it was when I bought it....and it rang up at $4.00 ...Ive never seen an orchid for so little! 0.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congaratulations! That is a beautiful Cattleya hybrid. Catts are my favorites. I hope to post pictures of mine when they bloom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nancy!

THe flowers dropped this weekend so I repotted it.