What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ochid seedling care

bluebird

Rub my belly!
I got this one orchid that I got in Louisiana when I went to my brothers wedding so far it's doing ok it was in a flask with agar or whatever few weeks it started growing mold inside the bottle I never opened it or anything so I just took action and got the orchids out of it and planted the seedlings they're roots were decent sizes so I hoped they would pull through only one had looked good over a couple weeks so I tossed the dead ones and planted this little guy in a small pot with LFS, perlite, and a tiny bit of peat not much though..

Today it's doing pretty well the leaves it has is still green and it got a purplish coloration and in one area it has a bump I think it might be a root or a new leaf I'm a total newb with orchids so I'm not sure if I potted it correctly or what the nub is and is there anything I should do to help the little guy grow?

Another thing when I first planted it's roots didn't look to well, but three weeks ago I checked it and it has a root bud growing after that I put it back into it's pot and now I leave it alone except for watering it with distilled water.

Here's a few pictures this is how it's been planting I also marked the bump on it..

Back